Gibson Brands Forums

Odd serial number

Sclack86

Hey new to the board here. I recently acquired a ,from what I was told, an early 90's LP100. The serial number sticker that is on it is coming back as unknown. The number is 186856. I would like to figure out exactly when this guitar was made and try to figure out some more about it. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hey new to the board here. I recently acquired a ,from what I was told, an early 90's LP100. The serial number sticker that is on it is coming back as unknown. The number is 186856. I would like to figure out exactly when this guitar was made and try to figure out some more about it. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sometimes when a serial number comes back as unknown, it was actually misread (a 1 is actually an i or an l, and a zero is actually an O). Can you post a photo of the serial number?

Is there a serial number sticker on the back of the headstock as well? I also can't find any info. It looks like it the serial numbers from that period should have been 7 digits.

Someone else may know, but I've not handled any bolt on epiphones so I am unsure if the serial number is normally just on the plate or also on the back of the headstock.

Archived