Gibson Brands Forums

Is this green Gibson real?

Cto

Looks like a 1946 J-37. After the war Gibson bought a job lot of Army Surplus Khaki paint.

So actually Khaki not green. Great for playing discreetly in the jungle.

Sometimes issued to USMC Recon units in the Nam, but few have survived. Seems the campfires and guitar strumming behind enemy lines tended to draw NVA fire, resulting in the destruction of guitars and more than a few Marines. I was considered to be an a$$hole for prohibiting their use on patrol, but most E-5's who allowed them, while well-loved were short-lived. If the OP was serious, apologies for the BS. 😌

Looks like a 1946 J-37. After the war Gibson bought a job lot of Army Surplus Khaki paint.

So actually Khaki not green. Great for playing discreetly in the jungle.

Sometimes issued to USMC Recon units in the Nam, but few have survived. Seems the campfires and guitar strumming behind enemy lines tended to draw NVA fire, resulting in the destruction of guitars and more than a few Marines. I was considered to be an a$hole for prohibiting their use on patrol, but most E-5's who allowed them, while well-loved were short-lived. If the OP was serious, apologies for the BS. ��

Yes, I recall - it was quite a mess. The Green Berets had green guitars and the Red Berets naturally had red.

At some point they switched, but on the halfway most of them turned brown. That was how the burst was invented.

I - a Black Beret - of course got one of those white Doves, , , that was for peace and it kept flying.

To the original poster. If the green Gibson in the picture is real. NO !

Yes, I recall - it was quite a mess. The Green Berets had green guitars and the Red Berets naturally had red.

At some point they switched, but on the halfway most of them turned brown. That was how the burst was invented.

I - a Black Beret - of course got one of those white Doves, , , and that was for peace and it kept flying.

To the original poster. If the green Gibson in the picture is real. NO !

It is advertized at Long and mc quade in canada .. but out of stock... I remember a j2000 Gibson Custom shop going through the Seafoam green test.. John was making sure the color would be right.. it took sometime to dial it in..

There's only one shop here advertising this limited model, but they don't have her in stock. They say only 40 items were made: https://www.musikhaus-hermann.de/gibson-sj200-sea-green-limited-edition-only40-41605/

This is an extraordinarily reputable dealer, not only among Gibson players. I have bought my quite rare Gibson USA 2011 Les Paul Killer Quilt in Regal Purple there, probably the only one that made it to Europe brand-new of circa 30 to 50 in total, in the US sold exclusively at Guitar Center Platinum stores.

Is the loop on the headstock a prototype Fatfinger? Or is the whole headstock made of iron?

It's so far from realistic that I'm not even sure we can call it a fake - is it really pretending to be a Gibson to the outside world, or has somebody just put a transfer on it to realize a private fantasy?

On the upside, it probably doesn't have excess glue around the bracing.

This thing either belonged to a con-man or a dreamer, , , maybe both in one.

It's a bit sad, , , then again it might have spread joy at some point.

At the other hand it could have caused disappointment, harm and dogfights.

Is it an innocently blessed or devilish cursed item.

Don't really wanna know.

In its own petrol-green way the guitar never existed. .

Archived