Gibson Brands Forums

Another guitar

Mr. Gibson

Ordered a Paramount PM-1 limited acoustic electric fender from musicians friend. 1399.00 less discount and loyalty points came to 952.00. Should be here before Christmas. I'm ready for my a$$ chewing from Karen. I'm used to it.

well, at least you got a guitar out of it. i'm weak too. i'm just too tired to exersize [flapper]

congrats and WHERE'S YOUR NGD PIC?

well, at least you got a guitar out of it. i'm weak too. i'm just too tired to exersize [flapper]

congrats and WHERE'S YOUR NGD PIC?

You'll have to look on fender website,damn if I know how to pull that up and post it.otherwise wait till I get it and put it next to the 68 twin reverb I bought and didn't post that picture either.

It's got AA Sitka top,ebony fretboard,mahogany neck,solid rosewood back and sides bone nut,saddle,and pins. Lots of pretty artwork on it. Fishman electronics.

I have an advantage! msp_thumbup.gif I get yelled at now and then but I usually have my hearing aids out and when she's done she will say; "Did You Hear What I Just Said?" I'll look up and say, "Huh?" msp_confused.gif

I just look at her like I'm confused and she just thinks I'm getting dementia and leaves me alone and feels sorry for me.

The 3 guitars that I've bought this year are investments and I could probably sell them for double what I paid.

The 78 Hamer Sunburst. Mint condition. I paid £900

020194b6-686e-4838-b9c9-9d51dd5eee6a_zpsfs1gpvmz.jpg

The Fender Modern player Strat. I paid £190 and the Hamer Mirage only £625. both mint. 14519765_10210587499626636_6017226274585884233_n_zpsyypiweky.jpg

The day I bought the Sunburst The seller had his other guitars out. Custom shop 59 Les Paul and Custom shop Strat. The Hamers are easily as good as the Gibson Custom shop and my Chinese made Strat plays as well as his Custom shop. I always polish my frets and it makes such a difference to the playability.

You'll like it,, those are really good acoustics guitars.

The store down the road has been selling them since they were first available. I've played a number of them. Pretty Impressive. Fender does not have a history of offering good acoustics, the Paramounts re-write that story IMHO.

LOL well in my case my wife will see a guitar and want me to buy it. I insist that it's way to close to Christmas but she keeps insisting that it's so beautiful and I need a red one.

She was recently with me at GC and saw this.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars/FSR-Two-Tone-Electromatic-Pro-Jet-with-Bigsby-Electric-Guitar.gc

LOL well in my case my wife will see a guitar and want me to buy it. I insist that it's way to close to Christmas but she keeps insisting that it's so beautiful and I need a red one.

She was recently with me at GC and saw this.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars/FSR-Two-Tone-Electromatic-Pro-Jet-with-Bigsby-Electric-Guitar.gc

What good woman you have. Cats outta the bag,I confessed,she said that was my anniversary present even though I bought it. I of course went along with that. I should buy another guitar that was easy.

Ok, with folks here getting new guitars I just got a big OK from the wife to get a new guitar or amp for Christmas. As long as it's not over $400.00 so thought I'd get the Squire vintage jaguar. I like the candy apple red but her and the son like the surf green so it really doesn't matter. I like both. This will make the 3rd one she gave me.

• 1 month later...
1485551011[/url]' post='1831071']

Supposed to show up today if ups can get through the snow bank on the county road.

That's right, you had all that snow up north. I got mine. Just like I thought, it was a vintage modified Surf Green Jaguar by Fender Squire. Love it and have been playing it for 34 days now.

1485562871[/url]' post='1831118']

That's right, you had all that snow up north. I got mine. Just like I thought, it was a vintage modified Surf Green Jaguar by Fender Squire. Love it and have been playing it for 34 days now.

Always wanted to play one of those. Guitar never showed up,the road and weather were fine,it got to be after 7pm so he went home. I sent an email. It wasn't one of praise.

Well after nearly 2 month wait the fender paramount pm-1 limited dreadnought showed up, not a bad Chinese guitar. Played it through my mustang 5,sounded pretty good plugged and unplugged.its a keeper. Run it through the tube amps tomorrow.

Archived