Gibson Brands Forums

New Kluson tuners

Revolution Six

I need new tuners, what' s your favorite tuning machine heads? What do you think about Kluson Revolution?

I put a set of the Kluson Revolution locking tuners with Pearloid Keystone Buttons on my Epiphone Riveiera Custom P93 guitar. I don't have much to compare them to, but they were a huge upgrade to the stock tuners on that guitar and I like them better than the locking Grover Keystone tuners that are on my 2014 Gibson Les Paul Standard. On the margin, the Kluson Revolution tuners help me fine tune the guitar better and do their part in the equation to keep the guitar in tune, which is helpful since the guitar has a Bigsby tremolo. The pearloid buttons also give the guitar a classy vintage look to it. If you decide to go with the Kluson Revolutions, you may be able to find a set on everybody's favorite auction site at a big discount to what they typically go for.

Klusons work good. The ones you posted will be excellent I am sure.

My Grovers (not locking ones) work good too. You just have to keep the screw through the button tight.

Sperzels, Gotoh work fine. Very good tuning machines.

[thumbup]

locking sperzels, or grovers. klusen's suck...

eusa_think.gif

I have regular Historic-style pearl-button single ring Klusons on four LPs and have never once had any problems with a single one of the tuning keys.

I also had the regular, original, Klusons on my '64 Strat (bought '80; sold 2004) and never had problems with those either.

I have (non-locking) Grovers on my Epi Hummingbird which are fine but the (similar) Grovers fitted to my (ex-)Epi LP Standard, OTOH, could slip if the guitar was being given a hard time.

What horror-stories and/or disappointment issues have you experienced with Klusons, kuma?

Pip.

locking sperzels, or grovers. klusen's suck

:rolleyes::-k I too, would like to know the logic, behind this statement?! Never had any trouble with Kluson tuners, ever!

But, he did say "Klusen's", so maybe those are "Knock offs?" [flapper]

The newer (shown) Kluson tuners look nice! [thumbup] Might have to try some?

CB

i don't like plastic, and i think they (klusens) feel cheap. the tuners i've mentioned in my earlier post all felt more precise, smoother than the klusens i've had.

for less money than klusens you can buy nice locking tuners that don't have plastic knobs as if they were a child's toy guitar.

OK.

So you don't like plastic buttons. You prefer metal buttons.

Is that it?

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of the tuners?

P.

i don't like plastic, and i think they (klusens) feel cheap. the tuners i've mentioned in my earlier post all felt more precise, smoother than the klusens i've had.

for less money than klusens you can buy nice locking tuners that don't have plastic knobs as if they were a child's toy guitar.

Have a look here, they are abailable with metal knobs, chrome, nickel, gold and black

My link = http://www.kluson.com/revolution.html

The new K appears to be more durable...19:1 ratio nice. msp_thumbup.gif

I've been lucky, I've got some over 50 year old Kluson Deluxe and the plastic tuners have not deteriorated. The only problem is that I always accidentally knock the headstock on something. This results in bent posts...mostly the G and D tuners. I'm sure, my old original Klusons will still work and out live me.

I'm OK stock with tuners...my ears do not hear any change.

Archived