Gibson Guitar Board: The "Just got in from a gig" thread..... - Gibson Guitar Board

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The "Just got in from a gig" thread..... you get in late from gig but can't go right to bed

#21 User is offline   jdgm 

• Now's The Time!
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

2a.m. Got in about 1/2hr ago from gig in Teddington, SW London.
A small working man's club; I used to play these all the time in the late 70s and 80s but they are rapidly disappearing now.
We subbed for another band who had to cancel due to illness. It went well enough. More room than I usually get but I was still behind the p.a. speaker. [sad]
The club staff thanked us for bringing people along!

Have a good weekend one and all. [thumbup]

#22 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern New Jersey

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Well, just got in from long night of rehearsing and business. Agent guy was there and local promoter guy was there. The "season" kinda starts next week and they just filled in the rest of the summer. Couple outdoor covered flatbed things, and they picked up a few more bar nights. It was a very tiring, good night.

rct

#23 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:16 AM

View Postrct, on 15 April 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well, just got in from long night of rehearsing and business. Agent guy was there and local promoter guy was there. The "season" kinda starts next week and they just filled in the rest of the summer. Couple outdoor covered flatbed things, and they picked up a few more bar nights. It was a very tiring, good night.

rct

Congratz on a productive night. [thumbup]

I got in around 12:30 from an acoustic thing and uncharacteristically went straight to bed. Gotta do a private party with my full band today. Getting ready to leave now.

#24 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

View Postsaturn, on 15 April 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Congratz on a productive night. [thumbup]

I got in around 12:30 from an acoustic thing and uncharacteristically went straight to bed. Gotta do a private party with my full band today. Getting ready to leave now.

Have a great and musical day!

rct

#25 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:01 AM

Yeesh. It was at least 120 degrees in there tonight. Great crowd when we started and we kept them. Rough start, couple sound troubles but we soldiered through. All in all, a great night out with the guitars and the fellas.

rct

#26 User is offline   pippy 

• LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:33 AM

Sounds like it was a blast!

Posted Image

I hope you didn't take any pictures...

Pip.

#27 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Just home after three hours on the deck at a beach bar. These gigs are easy and fun. You have to keep it pretty chill in the first set - stick to mellow stuff. But by the end you can crank it up a bit. Used a '68 Fender Princeton that always sits perfectly with the other guys acoustic. That combo makes me happy.

#28 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

View Postsurfpup, on 28 April 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Just home after three hours on the deck at a beach bar. These gigs are easy and fun. You have to keep it pretty chill in the first set - stick to mellow stuff. But by the end you can crank it up a bit. Used a '68 Fender Princeton that always sits perfectly with the other guys acoustic. That combo makes me happy.

Yeah. I'm kinda digging these acoustic gigs more and more. Just me and one other guy to split pay, simple PA setup and laid back music. [thumbup]

#29 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

View Postsaturn, on 29 April 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Yeah. I'm kinda digging these acoustic gigs more and more. Just me and one other guy to split pay, simple PA setup and laid back music. [thumbup]

No doubt. We've even started using one big ol condenser mic - bluegrass style. Talk about simple. We have three voices and we just harmonize around the one mic. And everyone can hear each other. Simple is best sometimes. [thumbup]

#30 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Great night. One of them nights that is the reason we do this. Great crowd, three guys sweating their brains out which didn't take long. I coulda kept playin. No voice left, but I could have played til dawn!

I know how much you look forward to my dazzling photographic abilities, so here you go:

Posted Image
Posted Image

rct

#31 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:19 AM

Just got in from a night at a little bar in Dundalk (East Baltimore). It was a "meh" night. We only brought out a few people and then there were some locals. We ended up taking a little less pay cause I now they didn't make much $. The crowd that was there liked us, as well as the staff who said we are their favorite band that plays there, for what that's worth. I didn't think to photo out set list, like rct. ( great song selection BTW)

Came home and poured some Dewar's to unwind, and gonna hit the bed soon. Good night all. B)

#32 User is offline   jdgm 

• Now's The Time!
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Tonight in Salisbury again; it went ok but the pub wasn't near full, though no-one left for most of our 2 sets.
Harmonica player had trouble with one of his harps; some harps these days have stainless steel reeds and they break.
Surprisingly our front man did NOT break any strings.
Everyone was very complimentary.

Best wishes to all, have a good weekend....

#33 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Got in about 1.5 hours ago from another acoustic show. Been hanging with some neighbors since I've been home, and the singer is sleeping on my couch as I type. Was a pretty good night I'd say. [cool]

#34 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Well here I am again. This time just back from a full band gig. Nice place and great crowd tonight. And this was only a 9-12 show. Pretty nice only doing 3 hours instead of 4 and getting home at a little more decent time.

I think I'll just go to bed without even pouring myself some scotch or bourbon since I just yawned and gleeked all on the laptop. #-o [blush]

#35 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

View Postsaturn, on 07 May 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

I think I'll just go to bed without even pouring myself some scotch or bourbon

WTFH are you thinking?

rct

#36 User is offline   sparquelito 

• Tourette's Syndrome Sufferer
  • LocationNorthern Alabama

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Man.

When I get home from a gig, there ensues about an hour and a half of putting the gear away, followed by an hour or two of drinking good beers or better whiskey.

If I try to go to bed too soon, I'm wide awake and buzzing all night.

:blink:
Am I alone in this?

Am I alone?

#37 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:14 AM

Well that was a good one!

Ok, so I put an acoustic patch on the damn GT-100 and warbled my way through Melissa because, well, I had to. But a great night all around. Drummer on fire both drummering and singing. Great night for dynamics, not a huge crowd at this joint, so we had to keep it down, and we did. Well. Good night, the reason we do this. Lost about 8 pounds, it was hot.

The usual photographic mastery:
Posted Image
Posted Image

rct

#38 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Long night. Just got in about 0230. Poured a little Sagamore Rye and logged on....

We played pretty well even though our female singer's voice was horse. Crowd was decent but by the 3rd set hardly anyone was left. So we figured we had nothing to lose and did and impromptu "Whipping Post". Three of us used to play that one in our old band, but last time we did it was probably 2010. Problem tonight was our drummer has never played it and he was having a hellava time. Literally. [biggrin]

I had a good view of the big TV and got to watch the O's beat the stinky Sox while I played. [tongue]

Guess I'll finish this Sagamore and go to bed soon. I hear birds chirping already.

#39 User is offline   rct 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

Well that was a hoot. Nice place, they liked us, lots of dancing, kept the crowd until midnight. I used the stracaster for 1 & 2, Esquire for the other two sets. All in all, not bad.

Setlist:

Posted Image

And a couple great action shots of my rig!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Good night Mays Landing!

rct

#40 User is offline   saturn 

• Jay
  • LocationThe Dena

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

Looks great. And you didn't have far to go for a beer. B) I see you put all the sets on one sheet. I have a separate sheet for each set. :rolleyes:

I probably would have been making my own post late tonight, but the venue we were booked at was suddenly and mysteriously shut down yesterday. :-k

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users