Gibson Brands Forums

Just Ordered: Spirit GT Pro Deluxe/Want Oil Finish

MoralDK

I'll just slosh my bucket of hellos all around. New here. Not so new to Steinbergers. I've played an early serial no. L2 Bass (owned by a friend) for years and have owned a Hohner G3T and loved them both. Of course, I'm aware of the difference between the Hohner and Steinberger, but if I'm not mistaken, I think the Spirit is very close the the Hohner. I'm sure I'll know when I get my mits on it. However, I've seen these in oil finish, ie. matte wood grain and I love the look. After all, it is a plank. I want to refinish it when it arrives. Has anyone here done this? Also, How can I expect the setup to be from the factory? Will I need to make a B line to the guitar setup dude?

Also, How can I expect the setup to be from the factory? Will I need to make a B line to the guitar setup dude?

The first and most important thing when playing a Steinberger (or any instrument using Steinberger hardware): Don't go to guitar setup dudes. They usually have no idea of how things work on a Steinberger. Learn to understand the hardware, the principles, how it does what it does, and how to set it up. The very, very best thing you can do.

• 11 months later...

hi

i know very much the G3T and the Steinberger deluxe-standard but it' s not an expensive guitar

the synapse

the best is the g3t: solid body, warm tones: excellent tones

the Steinb has a dark tone

but the tremolo is decent, good

and i can't say that about the g3t 's tremolo

Archived