Gibson Brands Forums

I'm back

pappy

Yes I am back. I have had some serious health issues and they came to a head this past week.

My gallbladder had been infected for months and it caused a multitude of problems that my GP was unable to diagnose. Last Tuesday I went in for a colonoscopy and the results were good.......But that afternoon I began getting severe stomach pain that lasted throughout the next day. Wednesday I went out and did an errand Upon arriving home the pain went off the charts, I attempted to call my wife and could not reach her, as I was about to pass out I had the wherewithal to call 911. They rushed me to the ER and after a CAT scan it was determined that my gallbladder had perforated and sepsis was setting in. Immediately they put a shunt in and began to drain the area and hit me up with pain meds, Thursday they went in and removed the gallbladder. My surgeon conveyed that it was normally a 45-minute procedure, but because the bladder leaked bile all over the liver the pancreas and other organs it took 2 1/2 hours. The backside of the bladder had necrosed and it kept falling apart as he tried to remove it. Fortunately, he was able to get it all and I am now at home, resting and weaning myself off the pain meds.

Over the past several months due to the unknown infection, I was losing strength and aching all over. Concentrating on anything was becoming a real difficulty. I have to thank this surgeon, he did a wonderful job and now I already can see that my strength is coming back and that much of the problems I was having had been attributable to the bladder. Will be spending more time on the forums and look forward to adding my two cents worth. Going to relax a bit as the hydrocodone is kicking in and now getting drowsy.

Yes I am back. I have had some serious health issues and they came to a head this past week.

My gallbladder had been infected for months and it caused a multitude of problems that my GP was unable to diagnose. Last Tuesday I went in for a colonoscopy and the results were good.......But that afternoon I began getting severe stomach pain that lasted throughout the next day. Wednesday I went out and did an errand Upon arriving home the pain went off the charts, I attempted to call my wife and could not reach her, as I was about to pass out I had the wherewithal to call 911. They rushed me to the ER and after a CAT scan it was determined that my gallbladder had perforated and sepsis was setting in. Immediately they put a shunt in and began to drain the area and hit me up with pain meds, Thursday they went in and removed the gallbladder. My surgeon conveyed that it was normally a 45-minute procedure, but because the bladder leaked bile all over the liver the pancreas and other organs it took 2 1/2 hours. The backside of the bladder had necrosed and it kept falling apart as he tried to remove it. Fortunately, he was able to get it all and I am now at home, resting and weaning myself off the pain meds.

Over the past several months due to the unknown infection, I was losing strength and aching all over. Concentrating on anything was becoming a real difficulty. I have to thank this surgeon, he did a wonderful job and now I already can see that my strength is coming back and that much of the problems I was having had been attributable to the bladder. Will be spending more time on the forums and look forward to adding my two cents worth. Going to relax a bit as the hydrocodone is kicking in and now getting drowsy.

Glad you're ok pappy. Merry Christmas.

Archived