Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP Traditional id

Guest TERCIO PESSOA

Guest TERCIO PESSOA

Can you Help me to Describe the specific model and Color of this Gibson Electric Guitar?

Specific Information

PHOTOS Attached

MODEL NO. LPTD216LMCH3

MODEL 2016

SERIAL NO. 160045700

Where was the guitar bought?

The Guitar was probably brought in Nashville.

I bought from a music producer that used to live Nashville. He came on vacations to Brazil.

Does The number 700 in the end of the serial number has some specific meaning ?

Thank you for the generous support

Best Regards from Brazil

Tercio Pessoa

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

Guest TERCIO PESSOA

Can you Help me to Describe the specific model and Color of this Gibson Electric Guitar?

Specific Information

PHOTOS Attached

MODEL NO. LPTD216LMCH3

MODEL 2016

SERIAL NO. 160045700

Where was the guitar bought?

The Guitar was probably brought in Nashville.

I bought from a music producer that used to live Nashville. He came on vacations to Brazil.

Does The number 700 in the end of the serial number has some specific meaning ?

Thank you for the generous support

Best Regards from Brazil

Tercio Pessoa

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

Sorry, but how can i attach the photos ?

• 3 months later...
Guest Slo'boy

Sorry dude but I think it's a fake. The serial number you quote would make it a 2014 model year guitar, made on the 600th day of the year (obviously 2014 only had 365 days..). Check out the information on serial numbers on the Gibson website as that will fully explain how they are structured.

I'm not an expert (but own a few Gibsons) so would urge you to check it out properly by an expert

Sorry, but how can i attach the photos ?

Best is uploading to a private account at an image host provider like photobucket and paste the IMG links into your post. This will make the pics show up here.

Sorry dude but I think it's a fake. The serial number you quote would make it a 2014 model year guitar, made on the 600th day of the year (obviously 2014 only had 365 days..). Check out the information on serial numbers on the Gibson website as that will fully explain how they are structured.

I'm not an expert (but own a few Gibsons) so would urge you to check it out properly by an expert

The given serial number looks correct for a Gibson USA regular production guitar from model year 2014 and later. Gibson changed hands to a YYXXXXXXX scheme where YY means model year only, not necessarily year of build. XXXXXXX is a consecutive numbering without any date coding.

Archived