Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Traditional with brass nut

GoldJim

I recently purchased a 2015 Les Paul Traditional with the G-Force system and a brass nut. I am the first owner, so it was a left over for a couple years. I sent the warranty card to Gibson today (2 days after purchase). I had heard from an acquaintance that the brass nut was recalled and Gibson would provide a titanium replacement. Is this true? If so, would they have it replaced or will I have to pay for that? I haven't tried to replace this myself, so it may be a case of removing it with screws, which would be on my level. I've never replaced a standard nut before.

I recently purchased a 2015 Les Paul Traditional with the G-Force system and a brass nut. I am the first owner, so it was a left over for a couple years. I sent the warranty card to Gibson today (2 days after purchase). I had heard from an acquaintance that the brass nut was recalled and Gibson would provide a titanium replacement. Is this true? If so, would they have it replaced or will I have to pay for that? I haven't tried to replace this myself, so it may be a case of removing it with screws, which would be on my level. I've never replaced a standard nut before.

you're talking about the zero fret nut? I think that's the case,, it wore down extremely fast, so the fix was to replace it with a zero-fret brass one.

it's a consumer part so you can DIY..

There are a bunch of guys I think that replaced it here, they'll chime in, but maybe edit your title and change it to Zero Fret so it's more visible to what you're really looking to find out about.

(edit post, and click the "Full editor" option.)

Archived