Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguards for LP and HP

Killdevil

My Gibson Studio didn't come with a pickguard. I want to put a pickguard on it, but I don't want to put any additional holes in the guitar. I have found the snap-on pickguards for the HPs. Will these snap-on pickguards fit my LP? Or do the LPs and HPs have different dimensions between the pickups?

The removable Pick gaurds for the 2015 line and the 2016 -17 HP's have tinny slots (holes) on the bottom side of the pickup rings. The pickgaurds have 3 small male clips onthem that snap into the 3 female slits in the pickup rings. You will need to also change your pickup rings. There are 2 slits on the bridge pickup ring and 1 on the neck pickup ring.

The removable Pick gaurds for the 2015 line and the 2016 -17 HP's have tinny slots (holes) on the bottom side of the pickup rings. The pickgaurds have 3 small male clips onthem that snap into the 3 female slits in the pickup rings. You will need to also change your pickup rings. There are 2 slits on the bridge pickup ring and 1 on the neck pickup ring.

Ok, thanks! I found both the bracketless pickguard and the mounting rings on ebay. Whew! $79.99 for the mounting rings. The pickguard varies from $15.55 to $47.99.

You can use double face adhesive

I wouldn't do that on nitro finishes. My 1978 S-G Standard had some adhesive stripes on the top the pre-owner put on in 1980 and I removed in 1982. No chance to buff out the traces, they are still there. <_<

So ...

Use a screw , this is normal use .

It was not about the pickguard. The pre-owner and then-bandmate even removed that and put black and silver adhesive tapes on the guitar as some fancy decoration. <_< After I had bought her used, I removed all the sticker stuff and reinstalled the pickguard using the original screws.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
5 hours ago, Monfort Patrick said:

Hello
I'm looking for a chrome pickguard for Gibson Les Paul HP II 2018
Can you advise me?
Thank you

Yes don't do it. 

Sorry, couldnt resist that. I have removed all my pickguards where possible. (Yes I have the removable type with the slotted rings too)

You may be able to get a proper Gibson chrome one. Check the merc part of the site. 

Or there are 3rd party ones like these

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-PG-0800-010-Chrome-Pickguard/dp/B002PD4Y2K/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=Chrome+Pickguard+Les+Paul&qid=1604768860&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-9