Gibson Brands Forums

Anything new & cool ?

Karloff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the not quite guitar category, my wife got me this cool wallet from Couch - the guitar strap company. It's made from 70's Volkswagen upholstery vinyl. I sat on this for years back then - now I will sit on it for years to come! [biggrin]

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

Cool! How tall are those?

I got some cash which I parlayed into parts to build a Weber Revibe. If ya haven't heard of the Revibe, it's the same circuit as the Fender 6G15 Reverb (the outboard reverb unit that D!ck Dale uses), and the 6G12 vibrato all in one box. The 6G12 vibrato is the phasery "harmonic trem" from the rare 6G12 Concert amp. Both circuits are tube driven of course. Should sound sweet with the 5e3 build!

Don't know about the springs but the book is excellent!

Big plus one on that.I read Felder's book a few years ago and my whole outlook on Henley and Frey did a 180. That said, it's an interesting read, and a lot of it was confirmed, albeit from a different perspective, by H & F in the Eagles docu.

To all you other guys, nice stuff!!!!!!

I'm geared out, so to speak, so just got some new picks, and Springsteen's book, "Born to Run".

Don't know about the springs but the book is excellent!

Looking forward to the read. Felder is from my hometown. I dated his niece once. More importantly he was often the tastiest player in the Eagles, so I'm interested in his take on things.

Man, I'm enjoying this thread. . B)

Hey V - Very nice. When I was much younger I played Alto for a number of years, but eventually gave it to my youngest brother. Every now I then I wish I still had one around.

Scored one of these with Mrs V's approval....[thumbup]281874.jpg

The love of my 2 sisters and niece

2 sets guitar strings - Gibson Brite Wires and Fender Pure Nickel

2 T-shirts

2 sweatshirts

New Steve Khan CD

Books "The Great British Recording Studios" and "Guildford-The Rock n'Roll years"

9 various bottles real ale

USB-chargeable Torch

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Best wishes to all!

Mrs V is asking 'What are the differences between T-shirts and Sweatshirts?'.....

V

:-({|=

My wife's daughter and son-in-law came down for Christmas from New York City.

They brought me a new t-shirt from Matt Umanov's guitar shop on Bleeker Street, in Greenwich Village.

It was about time, since my old one was faded and just about worn out.

:)

store_t_banner.jpg

Man, I'm enjoying this thread. . B)

Hey V - Very nice. When I was much younger I played Alto for a number of years, but eventually gave it to my youngest brother. Every now I then I wish I still had one around.

Cheers B-K.....[thumbup]

There are several guitarist-saxists on our circuit....

I used to play mostly Tenor......now enjoying Soprano and occasional Sopranino.....:-({|=

V

:-({|=

Mrs V is asking 'What are the differences between T-shirts and Sweatshirts?'.....

V

Well (what I call) a sweatshirt is thicker with long sleeves.... :-k

Described by Amazon as a "Fruit of the Loom Men's Raglan Crew Neck Long Sleeve Sweatshirt".......

Best wishes to you and Mrs V!

This came early, and I'm loving it:

2011 Guild F-50R jumbo 6-string, ebony fretboard, solid rosewood back/sides, AAA spruce top, abalone rosette, DTAR dual source electronics, made in New Hartford, CT. Not on my list of things I need on a 6-string, but this baby came with freaking emeralds inlaid on the bridge pins and tuning posts....

f50r557.jpg

f50r562.jpg

Got myself a project, this one is simply adding parts that I already had and buying some new.

E61B8298-A56F-4E4B-9A8B-C1E8D55E52AE_zpsstfzjghq.jpg

What color is that? I can't wait to see what you do with it. With 24 frets, the p90 and hb routes, and small guard, it's a pretty badass starting point

I got a stinky lump of coal from Santa. What are you supposed to do with that?

You could BBQ or draw a masterpiece with it :P

Archived