Gibson Brands Forums

Anything new & cool ?

Karloff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Tele! [thumbup]

All I got music related were these Raw Vintage springs - supposed to improve Strat tone. We shall see.

1323896544-34570600.jpg

Also got Don Felder's book about his time in the Eagles - that oughta be an interesting read!

Felder.jpg

I got this!

I don't have many pedals but am really havin fun with this.

When did photobucket get so crappy? That was a real pain in the a$$ with all the pop ups and slow as hell.

Disclaimer:

I put the cables there for effect. I'm not really that messy.

Ok, ya I am. Deal with it. [thumbup]

20161227_120434_zps6nrjp4ow.jpg

The love of my 2 sisters and niece

2 sets guitar strings - Gibson Brite Wires and Fender Pure Nickel

2 T-shirts

2 sweatshirts

New Steve Khan CD

Books "The Great British Recording Studios" and "Guildford-The Rock n'Roll years"

9 various bottles real ale

USB-chargeable Torch

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Best wishes to all!

... When did photobucket get so crappy? That was a real pain in the a$$ with all the pop ups and slow as hell.

Tell me about it. I actually broke down today and paid the $14.99 for a year of ad-free. Problem solved - at my expense admittedly - but I was gonna break something otherwise due to its maddening slowness! [cursing]

Nice Tele! [thumbup]

All I got music related were these Raw Vintage springs - supposed to improve Strat tone. We shall see.

1323896544-34570600.jpg

Also got Don Felder's book about his time in the Eagles - that oughta be an interesting read!

Felder.jpg

I've read it a couple of times, is interesting. Felder speaks nicely about everyone, but it boils down to Fry & Henley thru legal mumbo-jumbo became "The Eagles" and everyone else worked for them. IMHO

TC

Picked up a Zoom H1 recorder. Inexpensive and reasonably fool proof. I've tested it twice so far - bedroom 'strum and sing' is over on the Acoustic page in the Neil Young thread and then yesterday tried it in the band rehearsal caravan (yep) which it passed quite well - we jammed a local band's song which we'd not had a go at before (hence timing issues etc [biggrin] ) and learned that we'll have to move it away from the vocal Foldback a touch - but this was as unscientific test as you'd get and if you put on headphones and crank it [thumbup] you see that the recording is fine - and this was MP3, it can provide higher quality wav files as well. Anyway, here's our test (pls ignore band chatter at start and end :rolleyes:) - I am really looking forward to using this device - highly recommended so far!

https://soundcloud.com/itiswhatitis-5/zoom0004mp3

I've tested it twice so far

Nicely done Scales. Sounded like a fun jam.

I have the R8. Bit of a learning curve but not bad.

Was in a band with a guy who had an H1. It was awesome. Easy to use and sounded great. Nice score man!

So did that actually speed things up? The ads are slowing it down.

Totally. [thumbup] It made a huge difference. Happy camper now. Did the same with my webmail (Yahoo). Much faster without the ads trying to connect. Hated paying for it - but worth it for the lack of aggravation.

In the not quite guitar category, my wife got me this cool wallet from Couch - the guitar strap company. It's made from 70's Volkswagen upholstery vinyl. I sat on this for years back then - now I will sit on it for years to come! [biggrin]

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7667.jpg

Archived