Gibson Brands Forums

Information on Gibson sg

Rodney H

Hello everyone, I've been reading in this forum for a while but this is the first post for me. I bought an off white (cream colored)used Gibson sg in a pawn shop in 1977. Our band played pretty much full time up and down the eastern seaboard and as far out west as Texas and I cannot remember what I did with the guitar, I'm trying to get an idea of what year it was made and an idea of the value of it, even though I don't remember who I sold it to, I'd like to know the approximate value of what I let go of. Since I no longer have it I obviously don't know the serial number. I'd like to describe what I remember about the guitar in hopes that one of you may have an idea of what kind of sg it was. Here goes, it was cream colored and had a black pick guard. The pickups were the flat nickle kind, not the black pickups on some sg's. I remember the neck of the guitar was very thick compared to my Les Paul, and the guitar was extremely light weight. That's about all I can think of off hand. Any help will surely be appreciated. By the way, I live in South Carolina. Thanks.

Archived