Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and NAD on Friday

Guitar God

Haven't posted anything about these on here, yet, but I ended up getting a new guitar and amp Friday for Christmas. The guitar is an amethyst PRS SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24. Had my eye on it for a good while. Ever since it entered the store. Plays and sounds wonderful! Has a coil split on the tone control knob, too. Absolutely gorgeous guitar, too. I'm very pleased with it. Now, the amp. The amp is a Blackstar HT Stage 60. Wasn't expecting to get the amp, but my dad was like, "Hey. Try out one of these Blackstars.", so I plugged up my new PRS through the HT Stage 60 and him and I looked at each other like, "WOW!", haha. We both were amazed at how great this amp sounded and how versatile this amp is. So, my dad was like, "Merry Christmas. Here is the PRS and Blackstar!", haha. [flapper] I've honestly never really had an opinion on Blackstar, because I never really played one, but this amp amazes me! I'm honestly a diehard Marshall and Fender guy when it comes to amps and wasn't expecting much with the Blackstar, but I was wrong, haha. This amp is very versatile. I love the ISF knob. Gives you a full blown British, full blown American, or in between depending on which way you turn it. Anyway, here are pictures!

CVcmraa.jpg

nVcgMRF.jpg

Looks like someone had a Merry Christmas. Congratulations! What a great couple of presents.

There is a store near me that carries Blackstar amps. I've tried out guitars through them before and found them quite usable.

I don't have much experience with PRS guitars, but I like how they look.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someone had a Merry Christmas. Congratulations! What a great couple of presents.

There is a store near me that carries Blackstar amps. I've tried out guitars through them before and found them quite usable.

I don't have much experience with PRS guitars, but I like how they look.

Enjoy!

Thanks! The HT Stage 60 I have is amazing. Very versatile! Just put a purple DiMarzio Clip Lock strap it and it looks great on it! Play one when you get the chance! I think you would really love one.

wow, very nice. i'd like to try out a Blackstar sometime.

Any Blackstar dealers around you? Try one! I think you would like one. Mine is the HT Stage 60 and it is very versatile! Sounds really great! The cleans are great on it, too. Very Fender like cleans on it, believe it or not. Honestly wasn't expecting to get it and honestly was expecting to be like, "Eh." when I tried it out in the store that day, but I was very impressed with it, so brought it home, haha. Had a few weeks to play with it and mess around with it and it is a great amp!

I'm envious! That is sweet, congratulations!!

With all these new gitfiddless, you need to invest in a better camera so we can see that grain pop!

Thanks! I know, haha. Have a digital camera. Need to start using it instead of using my phone. [flapper]

I've got the Blackstar HT Studio 20 head. What a great amp...great distortion and good cleans too. Very surprised with it's versatility. I'd buy another Backstar.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and congratulations on your equipment!

Sweet! I'm a diehard Marshall and Fender guy, but I would consider having another one. Thanks!

Archived