Gibson Brands Forums

Question re Dusk Tiger and Roland GR-55

Tenor7

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to send, not only the hex output from the piezo pickup but also the output of the magnetic pickups of a Dusk Tiger to a Roland GR-55 using the RIP and Gibson's 8pin to 13pin cable?

I've had my Dusk Tiger for some years now (use it often and love it) and finally bought a GR-55 yesterday. I hooked up my Dusk Tiger to it going via a stereo phono cable to the RIP and then converter cable from the hex output on the back of the RIP to the 13 pin socket on the GR-55. I can trigger the synth sounds on the GR-55 but don't seem to have the option of mixing in the output from the magnetic pickups like you can with the Roland GK-3 pickup that connects to the GR-55 with a 13 pin connector at each end of the cable. Am I missing a setting on the RIP or is it because there aren't enough output pins on the RIP to send the magnetic pickups output to the GR-55? (an oversight on Gibson's part if that's the case.) I've turned on the setting in the GR-55 that mixes in the guitar but that had no effect.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...