Gibson Brands Forums

hi there

Paul_59

Welcome Paul to this great place. Happy New Year back at you too. msp_thumbup.gif Here's wishing you the best on playing your new love! If you have any problems I'm sure folks here will be willing to help you however they can. I believe their are lessons here but I may be wrong. I played as a 13 to 26 year old then quit. Picked it up again at 60 and was surprised I forgot everything except for a few Chords. I eventually signed up to guitar tricks and was amazed how fast I was playing songs again. They take you through the entire course from beginner to advanced teaching. Of course nothings better then taking private lessons.

Very very nice. I could play that everyday! Enjoy and best luck on your guitar playing. Here's just a thought. I forgot how to read music, the staff and notes and such. So I buy music books with the guitar chords shown and then learned guitar tabs. That looked strange at first but I picked it up pretty quick. Just knowing those two I can play lots of songs.

welcome,

you sure picked a real nice gibby ES to give it another go with...

Thanks Ray, my choice was influenced by having enjoyed listening to Larry Carlton (aka Mr 335)from way back in '70s

Just loved his playing, music and range of tones from his 335.

Thanks Ray, my choice was influenced by having enjoyed listening to Larry Carlton (aka Mr 335)from way back in '70s

Just loved his playing, music and range of tones from his 335.

yep! Larry C is a monster, with or with out a 335! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined the forum.

Second attempt to learn to play guitar, forty years after first unsuccessful attempt!

Splashed out on a Gibson, to supercharge my motivation.

Wish me luck.

Almost forgot, Happy New Year to all

Hi there, and welcome, I just joined this forum a few days ago, and I too have tried unsuccessfully in the past to learn playing the guitar, but back in February 2016 I found a really good teacher on Youtube, and now I can play (not great) around 35 AC/DC songs (just the Malcolm Young rhythm part, lead guitar is too hard for me). I think the key to learning the guitar is to find a good teacher, don't overload yourself with too much information too quickly, don't put too much pressure on yourself by comparing yourself to other more experienced players, practice every day, but mostly importantly have fun.

I too bought myself a Gibson,I can't put the thing down, it's a joy to play.

Good luck

PS. I am an older beginner as well,ie. I am 48.

Hi there, and welcome, I just joined this forum a few days ago, and I too have tried unsuccessfully in the past to learn playing the guitar, but back in February 2016 I found a really good teacher on Youtube, and now I can play (not great) around 35 AC/DC songs (just the Malcolm Young rhythm part, lead guitar is too hard for me). I think the key to learning the guitar is to find a good teacher, don't overload yourself with too much information too quickly, don't put too much pressure on yourself by comparing yourself to other more experienced players, practice every day, but mostly importantly have fun.

I too bought myself a Gibson,I can't put the thing down, it's a joy to play.

Good luck

PS. I am an older beginner as well,ie. I am 48.

Hi Seb, thanks for the words of encouragement. Looking forward to the day when I can play a song I enjoy listening to.

Archived