Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Les Paul Traditional T

Hustler

I have a golden opportunity to pick up two '16 trads in a Desert Burst for a ridiculously low price. The only catch is I'll have to buy them sight unseen which I wouldn't normally do. I've no concerns about their authenticity, I'm just looking for an overview from anyone that has owned one and can let me know the overall standard. I've not played a LP in a few years and there aren't any locally.

The 2016 Traditionals are great guitars. The 57 classics give them a nice vintage tone...bite on the top end but smooth mids. They are weight relieved , which is a plus to some and a minus for the purists. They can be quite heavy weight wise and the majority of tops I have seen are a nice book match and flame. A solid les paul for sure. You can't go wrong with one in my opinion. Best suited for cleans,blues, rock style but they can scream when drop tuned and played through a high gain amp, but there are probably better choices in guitars if that is your style/sound. I'd make sure the return policy is solid from where you are getting them especially since it is sight unseen.

Guest Farnsbarns

It's impossible to say a traditional from any year is good or bad. They all differ. You'll have to play them to find out.

Archived