Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Gibson Les Paul Studio Custom

Megafrog

Today I received my Denim Blue Les Paul Custom Studio and the disappointment is enormous. The guitar is the best of the S series and looks really nice but it has a crack at the headstock joint out of the box. Huge, utter disappointment. I will add some pictures to show the finish and the crack shortly.

Send it straight back. Don't even consider keeping it.

Who comes up with those product names?...Studio Custom?...

Actually, Bence, the name 'Studio Custom' is almost as old as the Studio range itself and dates back to 1984.

Back then they were much fancier than the OP's guitar, though, looking almost like the regular LP Custom but with no back binding, no peghead split-diamond and a dot-inlay 'board;

http://gearlicious-i...st/IMG_6590.jpg

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

I'll just add weight here. You cannot consider keeping that. One day the head stock is going to simply come off. it has to be returned and replaced.

This is almost certainly something that happened in transit. It doesn't take the biggest knock to break.

And they would, they don't care it's a numbers game with them..

it's your decision to make but realize as is, it's already -50% reduced in value with that broken neck. It's fixable, but I'd estimate the repair [done right] could run some where around 200 to 300 clams, and it will still always be -50% in value, to be fair it has to be disclosed if you were to ever sell it.

I think if it was used, and you got it cheap.. or you had owned it for a few years and dropped it and cracked the neck, probably worth getting fixed.

But a brand new one? if it was my decision to make, no question, I'd be trying to work out an exchange while I still could

Guest Farnsbarns

I wouldn't accept anything less than 50% off for the drop in value, then 500 off for a repair (its value is still 50% after its repaired) and then a good amount of discount on top as a sweetener because you're still no better off. Basically around a 100% discount. Even then I wouldn't really be happy and I'd buy a non broken one as well. It really is a door stop as it is.

Amazon really wants me to keep the guitar. We are at 64% off.

You are still the loser here.

Don't even think about keeping it unless they give it to you free.

You will never be able to sell it unless you put a lot more into the repair than the guitar is worth.

If you keep it you will always be the loser in the deal.

Why on Earth do you think Amazon wants YOU to have the guitar and not THEM? They Are Not Stupid.

Pip.

Archived