• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

deckadance 2, cmd recognition

#1 User is offline   jnelson3 

• Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

I need help as Ive spent hours w this limited software and have lost patience. After finally getting it activated and the CMD controlls working now deckadance will not open and theCMD is not recognized on my computer after I plug it into the usb. Do I need to re-download deckadance? new drivers? why such a waste of time?

#2 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

so I can open deckadance only when I do not have other apps opened at the same time. Now I have no recognition of cmd studio 4a. I have the standard version of deckadance 2. any ideas? Ive seen others w this problem online and need a driver update?

#3 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

View Postjnelson3, on 06 January 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

so I can open deckadance only when I do not have other apps opened at the same time. Now I have no recognition of cmd studio 4a. I have the standard version of deckadance 2. any ideas? Ive seen others w this problem online and need a driver update?

Also when I open VST in pref there is nothing listed and when I scan program files it is pulling up program files under an apple file - Im guessing this is due to having itunes on a HP laptop? regardless all files it tests either fail or crash in the status. Not sure if this helps. thanks

#4 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

Sorry for the multiple comments but I am trying to work through this again.

When i am in preferences under MIDI control there is no studio 4a under control tab - only <none>. I am assuming this is the root of the problem.
No lights lite up blue or green or respond on the board. Only orange except the ABCD deck buttons they toggle to blue. please help - thanks

#5 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:57 AM

Are you using always the same USB port when you connect the CMD4? Sometimes, I forgot to plug the power adapter for the CMD4, in this case it's not going to work... I mean, it cannot work correctly using only the USB connection. I have the feeling that it's mainly a problem with Behringer drivers, have you tried to install the latest available drivers for the CMD4?

#6 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

thanks Luis - Im not sure where to find the latest drivers for cmd4. Is there a link?

#7 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:19 AM

From what I know the latest ones are in this page (USB Audio/MIDI Driver 1.7.0): https://www.music-gr...P0809/downloads

#8 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

well I downloaded the driver from the website and unzipped it and no change from previous after a restart. In pref under controllers there is no CMD studio option, but there is one in input and output. Also after turning on each of these (green light) they do not stay on when I come back to preferences. When I check ASIO under audio setup I get no sound out of the speakers and no control w the deck. When I check windows for audio setup I get sound but still no control w the deck - no componenets work, and no lights toggle w press except the ABCD buttons for the decks.

I thought the whole thing was a lemon so I hooked up to a mac and got most all components to work, but am having way too much trouble for something I paid for. Now I am working for the software. Ive spent over 6 hours trying to get a functional unit not including all the mess with activating the software.

Please help - call me or email me if that is easier. Is there a better way?

#9 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Sorry to hear about all the problems that you are having. If I understand it well you have the unit working fine on Mac platform but not in Windows. Could you post a screenshot of the Preferences->Midi Control window? Just in case that I haven't understood correctly the problem. Is there any other audio program running in the background?

#10 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

yes it works on the mac for the most part but I cannot get it going on this PC windows vista laptop. This computer was wiped clean and reformatted so that it could be used for this purpose.

There are no other programs running in the background. Here is the pic you requested. A phone call or live chat may help resolve this sooner than later.

#11 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

yes it works on the mac for the most part but I cannot get it going on this PC windows vista laptop. This computer was wiped clean and reformatted so that it could be used for this purpose.

There are no other programs running in the background. Here is the pic you requested. A phone call or live chat may help resolve this sooner than later.

#12 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

Attached File  IMG_1889.JPG (97.48K)
Number of downloads: 6

#13 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

It looks like that DD cannot find the script files. A reinstallation of the program should fix the problem but you can install the scripts manually, follow the instructions here: http://forum.gibson....roller-support/

#14 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:49 AM

I have already downloaded and installed the updated script files - no luck. How do I reinstall the program? Is there a new version?

#15 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

It's really strange, just double check that script folder is correctly placed in the installation directory.To reinstall the program just execute the installer.
Last version is here: http://forum.gibson....-key-detection/

#16 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

ok I have control of the deck with the last version download and ASIO audio device type. However I have no sound and the only device that comes up is ADJ ASIO. See pic below. If I switch to Windows Audio the deck control is inconsistent but I do have sound at times. When first selecting the windows audio this warning came up once and then when I selected it again it did not come up again. When I test the sound with windows audio it works, when I test the audio with ASIO there is no sound.

I would like to use ASIO - how can I get sound? This may be the last hurdle. thanks

#17 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Attached File  IMG_1910.JPG (28.31K)
Number of downloads: 3

Attached File(s)

#18 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

I can't see the pictures correctly (...they are very small) but I would say that ASIO drivers aren't installed correctly in your computer. You should read "CMD Studio ASIO" in the device dropdown of the audio setup preferences.
Attached File  CMD4A_audio_setup.jpg (74.74K)
Number of downloads: 6

#19 User is offline   jnelson3 

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

no - there is not that option when ASIO is selected.

How do I install the ASIO drivers?

thanks

#20 User is offline   TheMoroney 

• LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

View Postjnelson3, on 23 January 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

no - there is not that option when ASIO is selected.

How do I install the ASIO drivers?

thanks

Typically from http://www.music-gro...P0809/downloads and then select the latest windows usb audio driver. That should allow you to kick the device over in to ASIO mode. If all else fails, behringer devices typically are compliant with ASIO4ALL. That can be downloaded at http://asio4all.com/. From either of those sites it is then just a matter of running the .exe file and the drivers will install them selves.
Guest Script Writer
Author of the Numark DJ2GO script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Orbit script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the updated version of the script for the M-Audio Xponent (included in 2.72)
Author of the Akai APK Mini script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Mixtrack 3 script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Deckadance user since 2014
FL Studio user since 2013

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users