Gibson Brands Forums

Excellent Warranty Service from Gibson Montana

johnnykf

I have a 93 J-60, it's a Rosewood Dread that was discontinued some years back, that I bought new in '94. Very loud,

I read somewhere that it was meant to be a bluegrass competitor to the D28. After looking at the new Songwriters,

I think that this guitar is the fore-runner to that series.

I didn't play it a lot since I'm mostly into electrics so it spent much of its time in it's case, kept in mint condition.

A few months back, I noticed that the back was separating just a bit from the side at the bottom. I arranged

to send it to Gibson Montana, with a copy of my purchase receipt in the case. They later contacted me and thought the problem was caused by too much humidity.

I didn't agree with that since my home is centrally humidified when the furnace goes on, and I always keep an eye on the hygrometer on the wall since I have other acoustics. I'm in upstate NY.

Anyway, they agreed to repair it under warranty for no charge, no hassle, and promised it back in 6 weeks.

I got it back a couple days ago, what a great job they did!! Looks like they reglued the back and refinished

the area where the lacquer had chipped from the problem. They buffed it out really well, set it up perfectly, it looks

brand new and plays better than ever. You cannot tell even with a magnifying glass that any work was done.

Lavonne at Gibson Montana is superb to deal with, very professional, really knows how to treat her customers, very knowlegable about her product as well.

Just wanted to post my thanks for Lavonne, and a recommendation for the Gibson Lifetime warranty, which is good as long as you're the original owner.

Archived