Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG - is it authentic?

Hi,

I work at a pawn shop in the UK and one of my colleagues purchased a Gibson SG and too me it doesn't look authentic but he swears it's real.

Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

Here are some photos

What makes it look suspicious to me is the way that the finish on the top spills onto the edge by the neck and the cream border is not straight.

Thanks in advance,

LGD

YES it is.... and it Looks like a standard Les Paul flame top..( not a reissue of anything, not inked stamped.) not a SG either.... other than that.. it is a Les paul.. Gibson.. Whos sigs on the guitar? it could be a authentic Model.. No pick guard applied..

that is a 2006 Les Paul, not an SG. yeah it is real.

Hi,

I work at a pawn shop in the UK and one of my colleagues purchased a Gibson SG and too me it doesn't look authentic but he swears it's real.

Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

Here are some photos

What makes it look suspicious to me is the way that the finish on the top spills onto the edge by the neck and the cream border is not straight.

Thanks in advance,

LGD

LGD

All Les Pauls are that way, depending on the color. The binding does not get thicker with the Maple cap by the neck. it is just more noticeable on some, because of the color on the sides. it is an Authentic Les Paul.

Archived