Gibson Brands Forums

New Prototype Gibsons at CES

Rabs

What do you reckon of this then

tgg8vRv_zpsrxmofs0x.jpg

Interesting... very PRS. I like the goldtop - reminds me a bit of the David Grissom PRS model. Not sure what I'd do with the extra two frets but at least you can reach them on this design.

Very PRS.. Isnt it just :)

Also I spotted this photo on their official web site for the CES... What is that purple guitar on the far left of the picture??? (a bass??)

Brands16_zpsgp9gylhn.jpg

lets have a close up

Brands16hh_zpsbziq0xbw.jpg

Hmmm......

Well it has to be done. They have to try new stuff.

Sort of a modified slimmed(?) doublecut, and that's obviously a Custom with trem version (note locking nut, is that Richlite?) mostly out of shot on left.

Hmmm......

Well it has to be done. They have to try new stuff.

Sort of a modified slimmed(?) doublecut, and that's obviously a Custom with trem version (note locking nut, is that Richlite?) mostly out of shot on left.

I think its going to depend on the price point.. Usually when they do only two control knobs the guitars are often on the cheaper end....

And yes I want to see what those other guitars are in the pics that we cant quite see... Im looking :)

These kinda look to me like a Tak Matsumoto double cut and a M3 merged together. The body more M3 with the Tak dress up. Don't mind the look, be intresting to see what price point options they have.

I think they are being referred to as their Modern Double Cut shape... We will see.. I guess if they have got that far theres a good chance they will start producing them.

Heres another pic that shows a bit more.. Some interesting looking stuff there...

They look kinda interesting, but what is that natural one with sharp horns? Looks a bit like a Johnny A? Now that looks very cool.

If they ever update the 2017 page [lol]

Ha.. Indeed...

I still think they are waiting for NAMM, but I really don't know why unless they are waiting to unleash a whole load of new stuff and somehow think its going to make any difference :)

Who knows with the powers that be.. They don't seem to think like normal people [rolleyes]

Check out this new Gibby... pretty cool.. Notice the White Ebony fretboard....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxoofGwVlSk

Looks interesting, but I find this guitar should have a second pickup. Having one pickup, makes it ugly in my eyes. Shame, really. Love the finish color, love the fretboard, just needed a second pickup. Also, I would prefer Custombuckers. But that's my personal taste. It's Dave's guitar in the end.

Very PRS.. Isnt it just :)

Also I spotted this photo on their official web site for the CES... What is that purple guitar on the far left of the picture??? (a bass??)

Brands16_zpsgp9gylhn.jpg

lets have a close up

Brands16hh_zpsbziq0xbw.jpg

it's a Kramer Satchel model

Archived