Gibson Brands Forums

Misc epiphone questions

gdm

Hello this is my first post,hope there are some Gibson Epiphone experts around here as i have a couple questions i cant find answers for.

I have a mid 70s epiphone crestwood 290 ,id like to upgrade to gold lockng tuners.i can drill out to 10 mm if necessary,but the main problem is the headstock is 18 mm thick (3/4") .i cant find any quality tuners for this.anyone have suggestions.

Also are epi pro humbuckers the same as gibson burst buckers? Thankyou.

Hello this is my first post,hope there are some Gibson Epiphone experts around here as i have a couple questions i cant find answers for.

I have a mid 70s epiphone crestwood 290 ,id like to upgrade to gold lockng tuners.i can drill out to 10 mm if necessary,but the main problem is the headstock is 18 mm thick (3/4") .i cant find any quality tuners for this.anyone have suggestions.

Also are epi pro humbuckers the same as gibson burst buckers? Thankyou.

Hi and welcome;

I can't see why these wouldn't work except they won't look period correct and the screw holes in the back of the head stock won't line up.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Grover_Roto-Grip_Locking_Rotomatic_502_Series_3and3_Tuners.html

And Epi pro buckers are the Epi version of Gibson burst buckers, they are not the same pick up. I don't personally have and Epi with the pro buckers but reviews have been quite good for the Epis.

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Hi those ar the ones i just bought,looked like they would but no. With the 2mm beauty washer on it lays right at the bottom of the string hole and slightly interfers on the low e. The head is 18mm the washer is 2.5 mm. Also the threads only catch about twice,so its a no go on these,thanks for the suggestion though.the quest continues.

Hi and welcome;

I can't see why these wouldn't work except they won't look period correct and the screw holes in the back of the head stock won't line up.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Grover_Roto-Grip_Locking_Rotomatic_502_Series_3and3_Tuners.html

And Epi pro buckers are the Epi version of Gibson burst buckers, they are not the same pick up. I don't personally have and Epi with the pro buckers but reviews have been quite good for the Epis.

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Archived