Gibson Brands Forums

Rediscovered Black Sabbath

cody78

I hadn't listened to Black Sabbath in about 10 years or more for no specific reason, just kind of forgot how good they were. Anyway, was on Spotify the other week and suddenly had the urge to listen to Snowblind. What a tune - fantastic! I looked up some concerts and found this amazing one from 1970 back when they first appeared on the scene. Oddly, originally broadcast on YTV, which would never happen these days. What a great band they were in the '70's. I used to play Paranoid and War Pigs in my high school band, along with Metallica, G N' R and Nirvana songs. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZA4TC_pt4

I've watched that Paris concert. Bill Ward puts on a clinic behind the kit. Unreal. The rest of the band and the tunes aren't bad either ;)

I know people like to pan the post Vol. 4 Ozzy albums. They also forget what masterpieces the Dio albums are. I happen to dig both.

I listen to Black Sabbath very regularly, I go back and forth between the Ozzy years and the Dio Years, then for something different I listen to them with Ian Gillan and Tony Martin.

That show Live in Paris resurfaced only a few years ago if I am correct. A few songs from that concert come in the live album Past Lives.

I've watched the Paris gig many times over the past few years. Bill Ward showing you don't need a massive kit of drums and cymbals when you can hit 'em that hard and that well.

Volume 4 (Snowblind) and Heaven & Hell would be my favourites, but the first 3 albums and Mob Rules were up there too.

Many thanks for posting that.

What is it with camera men from that era, they always pan onto the bass player when the guitar solo starts!

Ian

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I know what you mean about camera men from that era! They were probably smoking something dubious whilst on the job :blink:

I can't get past that Kelly has a book out soon. I expect it's two hundred pages trying to explain the "Dear Kelly" thingamaboob.

Basically, she tweeted "If you kick every Latino out, who's gonna clean your toilet, Donald Trump?"

Even Ozzy, at his worst... I mean, she's in her early 30s. And she's clean and sober. How could she NOT see it?

I mean... You guys get it, right? Would YOU have Tweeted that?

I can't get past that Kelly has a book out soon. I expect it's two hundred pages trying to explain the "Dear Kelly" thingamaboob.

Basically, she tweeted "If you kick every Latino out, who's gonna clean your toilet, Donald Trump?"

Even Ozzy, at his worst... I mean, she's in her early 30s. And she's clean and sober. How could she NOT see it?

Yeah, she seems pretty dumb and certainly a stupid comment to make ](*,)

She's just parroting what her heroes keep saying.

Here's a favorite non Ozzy SB track of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBi7XvJKlMo

Archived