Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio Review

adamlovesgin

So you used your guitar and expected it to be like new years/gigs later. (Ie pots and nut issues with out addressing them)

Just like driving a car you're going need service. Wonder how long a car would last with no oil change.

And just like a car with no paint exposed to the elements , you "hastliy" stripped the finish off the guitar and never finished the job.

Somehow all this is the guitars fault and it never lived up to a Fender as mentioned in the "article/review "

I guess carbon fiber guitars weren't around then but it sound like that's what you need

So you used your guitar and expected it to be like new years/gigs later. (Ie pots and nut issues with out addressing them)

Just like driving a car you're going need service. Wonder how long a car would last with no oil change.

And just like a car with no paint exposed to the elements , you "hastliy" stripped the finish off the guitar and never finished the job.

Somehow all this is the guitars fault and it never lived up to a Fender as mentioned in the "article/review "

I guess carbon fiber guitars weren't around then but it sound like that's what you need

i have to mostly agree with you. how one can use a guitar as a tool and do no maintenance to it and still expect it to function as intended? he removed the finish and was somehow surprised when the wood started moving... although, from the article i suspect it was the nut that caused the tuning issues more than anything else. i mean, seriously... is that big of a deal to repair an input jack instead of using matches? the truth is, admit it or don't, you abused that guitar, it still served you well, and you're complaining it didn't do better. i think what the o/p really needs is a tele

• 4 weeks later...

i have to mostly agree with you. how one can use a guitar as a tool and do no maintenance to it and still expect it to function as intended? he removed the finish and was somehow surprised when the wood started moving... although, from the article i suspect it was the nut that caused the tuning issues more than anything else. i mean, seriously... is that big of a deal to repair an input jack instead of using matches? the truth is, admit it or don't, you abused that guitar, it still served you well, and you're complaining it didn't do better. i think what the o/p really needs is a tele

I didn't want to remove the finish, but I had to as it was peeling away and looked REALLY ugly (and unsealed). That wasn't my fault. Granted everything else was. I should have taken better care of it :(

Where did the finish start peeling away? Was it all over the guitar or just in a certain spot? That stinks.

On the top on the edge a little down from the endpoint. Honestly when the eboby finish peeled off to reveal the maple top it looked horrible. I literally had my sandpaper out the same night.

I'd had the guitar for around 8 years prior to this so you can't say it didn't have a chance to settle in.

Archived