Gibson Brands Forums

NDG (soon) Epiphone ES-175 Premium

SmokeyGhost

On its way.

es175nat_zps0bwp2piz.jpg

Have been searching for a bit. Most stores have them from between $AU 1,100 to $AU 1,200 but I was able to get this one on a clearance sale for way less than that. Sure it's a bit of a risk as I haven't played this particular guitar before purchase and things could go pear shaped. However, my past experience of buying stuff on-line has been very good and if there are issues, I reckon they will be an relatively inexpensive fix - especially comparing it with the usual store price and what I have paid. Plus I do know someone who is really anal when it comes to setting up guitars almost to the point of obsession.

Sorry about the title of the thread. Dyslexia rules KO?

I bought one on clearance from Guitar Center for $409 brand new 2 weeks ago. Less than 50% of new cost. These are incredible guitars, you will love it. Basic setup to taste with strings of your choice, plug in and get busy. A superb guitar in every respect.

That looks seriously good!

Do you know whether they are all made in Korea? Is it just the Premium? (I'm a fan of MIK guitars).

I want to try one now. [love]

Congratulations. She's a beauty.

I understand Epi made or make ES-175's in both China and Indonesia. I suspect the only the Premium is made in Korea but I cannot guarantee that.

It is a delight to play and with Gibson '57 Classic Humbuckers on board....well, just well.

As an aside, things do get confusing. At least to me. When searching around, there were statements the ES-175 was discontinued and I was perplexed if it was this model, which is supposedly a Limited Edition (Yeah, really?) or the reissue model (with Alnico V's) or whatever. It's very hard for me to sort things out or to find exactly what I'm looking for due to varying conflicting statements.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing this little beauty for a few days now. Really, really is good. I'm not an amp person as such having an old Roland Cube-40XL since I play mostly at home. Excellent tones on clean. Have yet to explore the other modes but I'm bettering that's where feedback will start. Doesn't matter to me as I'm more than happy simply using clean. Also I find the 80 second looper, for which the FS-6 footswitch is a blessing, darn useful to review my rather poor playing.

Congrats! I recently got one on clearance from Guitar Center for about 50% off retail as well. Simply a fantastic guitar made even more fantastic by a killer price!

Mine in aged Ebony so you can't see the grain on mine... your natural is stunning! You win! :) Congrats and HNGD!!!!!

Archived