Gibson Brands Forums

Some interesting guitar related pics

Rabs

Have you forgotten the depths to which they are prepared to sink ? ! ? ! ? !

http://www.epiphone....-ZV-Custom.aspx

NOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................

eusa_pray.gif

Pip.

LOL...

Well im pretty sure even Gibson wouldn't go that far so we are pretty safe... And yes that Zakk Wylde thing... I actually had a nightmare about that guitar once... Totally serious....

Well I meant no offence.. Was just joking around... As I would hope you know.. :)

In some parts of the US it is insulting to folks, others wear the label with pride. We all know you meant no harm. msp_thumbup.gif

Oh, and the people that messed with these innocent guitars should be jailed

Well I meant no offence.. Was just joking around... As I would hope you know.. :)

I know. I'm not really offended, Rabs.

I do find it interesting though that some stereotypes are off limits and some are still fair game. Hillbilly and redneck are apparently still safe to make fun of, but if the amps were wrapped in fake fur or something and you called it say the "Leroy stack" you'd be way out of bounds, right?

I'm sharing that emotion. No SG has deserved such a disgrace, let alone one of these rare "The SG" models. :unsure:

msp_scared.gif

RABS!!!! Are You Out of Your MIND ! ! ! ! ! !

Can you PLEASE remove that image before someone from Gibson's 'Ideas' team sees it ? ! ? ! ? !

Pip.

Yep. Better safe than sorry. One can never know. :-k

...Hillbilly and redneck are apparently still safe to make fun of, but if the amps were wrapped in fake fur or something and you called it say the "Leroy stack" you'd be way out of bounds, right?...

eusa_think.gif

Apologies if I come across as being particularly dim, Surf, but could you expand on that sentence - only if it falls within forum rules, of course - for the convenience of we folks here in the Old Country? I have absolutely no idea of what you are saying.

I have heard the terms Hillbilly and Redneck before, of course (although used, confusingly, for both negative and positive connotations), yet the 'Leroy Stack' is new to me. And what is the significance of Fake Fur?...

Pip.

I know. I'm not really offended, Rabs.

I do find it interesting though that some stereotypes are off limits and some are still fair game. Hillbilly and redneck are apparently still safe to make fun of, but if the amps were wrapped in fake fur or something and you called it say the "Leroy stack" you'd be way out of bounds, right?

Yeah probably ...

And well I know about stereotypes.. Im from Essex and well you probably don't know about it but being called an Essex Boy is almost akin.... And im far from an Essex boy type... which is fake tans, really bad dress sense and boy racer types... let alone the accent... (Essex girls get it even worse)...

I don't really get offended by it though cos there certainly ARE people like that around but you do get a certain look from people when you say you are from Essex.

I also know about stereotypes. I'm from Scotland...

Me too. ...and I bloody well am a tight**** with my money too!!

Maybe I should tell my favorite UK joke of all time, an Englishman, Welshman, and a Scot go golfing with their wives...

rct

Archived