Gibson Brands Forums

Digger

pappy

Yes they are lovely when they are young! Thanks for the thought mate!

Here's a couple from my collection.

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

No shortage of the buggers around!

Our Aussie coat of arms features an Emu (pron; eemmmyou) and a Kangaroo and some think that is significant because neither animal ever takes a step back!!

Yes they are lovely when they are young! Thanks for the thought mate!

Here's a couple from my collection.

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

No shortage of the buggers around!

Our Aussie coat of arms features an Emu (pron; eemmmyou) and a Kangaroo and some think that is significant because neither animal ever takes a step back!!

Dig,

Has anyone ever been crazy enough to try ride one of these hopping fellows? Could make for an interesting Down Under rodeo.

Dig,

Has anyone ever been crazy enough to try ride one of these hopping fellows? Could make for an interesting Down Under rodeo.

I've never heard of it Doug but I expect that young blokes and alcohol may have bought about circumstance where it has happened. Can't tell you how it turned out though mate sorry.

Though just this week we have seen that Roos can hold their own and are not to be taken lightly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/kangaroo-attacks-woman-in-melbourne/8188408

I've never heard of it Doug but I expect that young blokes and alcohol may have bought about circumstance where it has happened. Can't tell you how it turned out though mate sorry.

Though just this week we have seen that Roos can hold their own and are not to be taken lightly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/kangaroo-attacks-woman-in-melbourne/8188408

Holy Balls, that poor gal got beat up. Maybe a new reality TV show could be created called "Wrestling with the Roos" [wink]

For a second I thought that was Iggy Pop [scared]

Did you see the video of some guy fistfighting a roo?

Lik e all the things in this country that may eat you, envenomate you or just beat you the hell up, these incidents are very rare.

This poor lady was pretty unlucky and I doubt she did anything to bring it on, however when idiots feed wild animals they lose their fear of humans and sometimes increase the chances of bad things happening.

After all they are wild animals and they probably heard that tx-ogre had been eating chews made from their cousins!!

Actually Roo meat is very lean and very health, far more so that the other more traditional meats. I however draw the line at eating our wildlife...seafood excepted~

Some people underestimate animals and get too close. I've seen some videos over the years of people getting the worst end each time. My favorite one of all was in Colorado where Deb and I were up in the mountains and we got photos of Bear, mountain goat, small sheep and deer and a elk around our adventure for a week. She refused to leave till she got a photo of a Big Horned Sheep. On the way back out of the mountains heading home she screamed Stop!!! She got out to take a picture and I couldn't see what she saw. Backing the car a bit their was this Big Horned Sheep in the front yard of a house. She said, SHHH, you'll scare it away and snapped away the camera sneaking up as close as she could. At first I wondered if she really knew what this was or does she see something else? So she just kept getting closer and closer as it never moved. Finally after she got her fill of photos and came back I asked, "Did you get enough photos of that wood sign?" Yes, the owners of the house had a beautiful painting of a Big Horn Ram on a wood sign in their yard. I was laughing my butt off in the car watching her and if they were at home watching out the window, the gal probably said,"Herb...we got another one"! I told that to Deb and she was so embarrassed afterwards. Iv'e had some great times with her.msp_flapper.gif

Archived