Gibson Brands Forums

MXR M75 Super Bada$$

Mr. Gibson

I owned the MXR Super Badass.

It is easily the best bang-for-the-buck distortion pedal out there.

I gave mine to our bass player, only because he coveted it so much, and because I have since acquired a distortion pedal and a boost pedal from some local craftsmen.

:mellow:

Ah but what is "that perfect distortion sound"?...!

The Foxrox Zim dual distortion pedal uses interchangeable circuit cards...a couple of years ago there was one going on ebay with 8 of the cards - all different distortions - and I missed it. That was a good buy.... [crying]

The Foxrox Zim dual distortion pedal uses interchangeable circuit cards...a couple of years ago there was one going on ebay with 8 of the cards - all different distortions - and I missed it. That was a good buy.... [crying]

Ya there are so many to choose from.

Dave Fox cannot make a bad pedal. I've had the ZIM for many years & I love it. In fact when it first came out I told Dave it was the HOLY GRAIL of dirt boxes and I still mean it to this day. Please know I don't throw that term around - I meant it. And I have a butt load of dirt boxes. I guess you could say that "I'm a Dirty White Boy" :)

I like the badass distortion box. But I ordered a Zim box from Dave Fox, and a bunch of other BS from MF. I'll be broke by spring. Might be dead by spring too,but I'm having fun spending money.a lot of fun. Wife's furniture came,electric recliners and plug ins to charge the iPad and phones. I wondered why 3 pieces of furniture cost 3400.00 now I know why.

Archived