Gibson Brands Forums

Cracked pickup cover?

I ordered two pickup covers for my 339 and unfortunately one of them came with a defect:

DzsH8X2.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/PQv8S

If I went ahead and installed the cover, would the gap cause any noticeable problems, like squealing? I'd give it a go, but soldering the cover effectively ruins any chance of returning the cover, which I'm reluctant to immediately do since return shipping + turnaround time for a new cover will be a PITA.

Thanks y'all!

The defect in that pickup cover would be completely unacceptable to me.

I can't tell from the photos whether it's a mfg defect or shipping damage, but either way ...

Explain to the supplier the situation, and suggest that they "express" freight a replacement to you.

PS: Before you go through all this again, make sure the cover(s) do indeed fit your pickups, specifically pole piece spacing. There may be discrepancies between "factory" pickups and "aftermarket" covers.

The defect in that pickup cover would be completely unacceptable to me.

I can't tell from the photos whether it's a mfg defect or shipping damage, but either way ...

Explain to the supplier the situation, and suggest that they "express" freight a replacement to you.

PS: Before you go through all this again, make sure the cover(s) do indeed fit your pickups, specifically pole piece spacing. There may be discrepancies between "factory" pickups and "aftermarket" covers.

I agree 100%.

Archived