Gibson Brands Forums

Will someone please explain the difference between Firebird T and HP models

bigtim

HPs have

Improved G FORCE™ auto-tuning: Fast, accurate, and great for alternate tunings. Now with even smoother and more silent gears!

Titanium zero-fret adjustable nut: Incredible tone, sustain and durability. Full control over the action. Locking feature.

Neck-through-body, soloist neck: Ideal neck for the guitar soloist. Superb tones thanks to the one piece, increased thickness rosewood fingerboard.Mother of Pearl inlays and white binding

Fast-access heel: Unparalleled access to the high notes

Aluminum TOM with titanium saddles: Amazing tonal transmission thanks to the titanium saddles and steel locking thumbwheels. Lightweight thanks to aluminum.

The HP models have the wider soloist necks, titanium adjustible zero fret nut, Fast access heel and the G-Force tuners. In the cases of les pauls the top gradesare higher on the HP models. Les Paul Standard T has a AAA flame maple top and The les paul standard HP's have a AAAA flame maple top.

Thanks for the input everyone. It sounds great except for those robot auto tuner things. I just would never use it. Everything else sounds pretty good though. I don't think Johnny Winter would have swapped his out for the HP model myself. That is just my opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input everyone. It sounds great except for those robot auto tuner things. I just would never use it. Everything else sounds pretty good though. I don't think Johnny Winter would have swapped his out for the HP model myself. That is just my opinion though.

Easily removed; the unit is made to be fitted to any corresponding headstocks. When they started using MinE-tune (the first iteration of GFORCE) Gibson started making the headstock layout standardised. So the machine head holes are in the same place on an SG and an LP, and so on (this is only true for Gibson USA instruments). So you could take it off of one guitar and add it another of the same year or later if you wanted.

There's only a few nuts holding it to the headstock, so you can remove it without leaving marks or holes, and install whatever tuners you like.

Archived