Gibson Brands Forums

Two dates on your tombstone....

Buc McMaster

Thanks, fellas! The maple Dove is quite crisp, as Avery notes, and that's playing with a round nosed pick. Yes, the Hummingbird is the deserted island guitar but this maple Gibson is pretty fine. I find that after long sessions on either it takes me an hour or so to get my finger placement just right, going from short to long scale and back again. No problem, but a conscious adjustment for a short while before the muscle memory kicks in.

Thank you for listening!

Buc is that the blue chip pic you are referring to?

Yes, it is........the Blue Chip TPR50 to be exact. It's not overly thick at .050" but has zero flex in it nonetheless and pushes through the strings very well. I also use the TP50, same size and but with sharper points on the corners. I go back and forth between the two as what I want to hear from the guitar changes from time to time. The round tip is mellow and fat while the pointed TP50 is brighter and more percussive. The material of these picks has the right tone for my ear. I have and like The Red Bear picks as well, but they can sound a bit glassy if the string attack angle is something more than flat.......the Blue Chips are much more forgiving in this regard.

Thanks, Keith........appreciate the kind words!

Archived