Gibson Brands Forums

Buy a Les Paul at Best Buy ...a good thing ?

Daniel Limoges

Hi everyone !

There is no public transport at all where i am & no musical store, and i fear to death buy a guitar on the net.

But there is a Best Buy store which sell a few Gibson, but there no showroom to see the guitars before.

So, about this i have two question :

Because i know how manufacturers work & does when they made a bad Job on a product, (to save money) they send it to a supermarket not specialized (in this case) in music instrument where the most part of the buyers & sellers are not musicians.

Is this the case of the Gibson Family ? ... I have worked for manufacturers for years. i know !

What about Best Buy, can i trust them ?

I am interested to buy a 2017 Les Paul Tribute HP or 2017 Les Paul Studio, i want to be sure.

I don't want to be rude, but it's a lot of money, and because i do not have any transport it can be very frustrating if something is wrong with the guitar !

Thank you

Daniel

I would do this.

Buy from a trusted authorized Gibson online store, with a good return policy in case theres something wrong with it or you don't like the guitar.

Or take a train/bus to an authorized Gibson dealer in the closest city to your location and try all until you find the one you want.

Yes, its a lot of money, and the trip may be well worth the investement.

Better to buy a music instruments from a MUSIC store, even if it costs a bit more.

And last time I went to my Fender dealer to buy a case and pickups he lowered the price to the one I had found on an online shop.

Hi everyone !

There is no public transport at all where i am & no musical store, and i fear to death buy a guitar on the net.

But there is a Best Buy store which sell a few Gibson, but there no showroom to see the guitars before.

So, about this i have two question :

Because i know how manufacturers work & does when they made a bad Job on a product, (to save money) they send it to a supermarket not specialized (in this case) in music instrument where the most part of the buyers & sellers are not musicians.

Is this the case of the Gibson Family ? ... I have worked for manufacturers for years. i know !

What about Best Buy, can i trust them ?

I am interested to buy a 2017 Les Paul Tribute HP or 2017 Les Paul Studio, i want to be sure.

I don't want to be rude, but it's a lot of money, and because i do not have any transport it can be very frustrating if something is wrong with the guitar !

Thank you

Daniel

if the Best Buy near you doesn't have any in a showroom; would you be ordering one without seeing or playing it?

if so, i would just order one from a trusted dealer as mentioned before. Sweetwater usually checks the guitar out before shipping it and would probably be the same price.

as far as Best Buy selling them...they get the same guitars as Guitar Center or any other store. the treatment and storage or what happens to the guitars once they are at Best Buy is anybody's guess.

Buy online - i would recommend sweetwater. Those guys have pictures of the actual guitars on their website and they will go the extra mile to take more pictures and set it up the way you want it before it leaves their store. They box well and ship it out and guarantee their products and shipping. I haven't had to do it personally but I know people who have sent stuff back and exchanged things with no issues whatsoever so if you're not happy they will take care of you.

Guitar center on the other hand is the complete opposite experience!

I wouldn't buy a guitar at Best Buy. Sweetwater is the way to go in my experience. I never bought a guitar online until a couple of years ago - wouldn't think of doing it. But I moved to a fairly remote area without much selection of guitars in any shops so used Sweetwater and it was fantastic. I bought a L-5 from them. Guitar arrived in a couple of days, packed very safely and perfectly set up, more beautiful than the detailed pictures on their website. Couldn't have been happier.

This past week I ordered a new Les Paul from them. I couldn't decide between two similar models and had some questions about the electronics. My sales rep had a technician open up the back control panel on the guitar, take a photo and emailed it to me so I could see for myself how it was wired. I placed the order on Wednesday evening at almost 6:00 PM, and it is scheduled for delivery to my house on Friday.

Anything at all goes wrong or you just decide you don't want the guitar for any reason, it can be returned for full refund no questions asked. You have to pay to ship it back yourself, but they pay for the original shipping to you so that's a wash.

You just can't go wrong with Sweetwater [thumbup] [thumbup]

Best Buy has one of the best return policies there is. If you don't like it just take it back in 14 days. If I was sure I knew this was the model Les Paul I wanted I wouldn't worry about buying if from Best Buy any more than I would worry about buying it from Sweet Water or eBay. But I thought they stopped selling Gibson a few years back. The one near me used to sell my guitar strings for a great deal but they don't carry them any more.

like many people on many forums, you guys go out of your way to avoid logic and rational thinking. all of you seem to believe in the jukebox hero guitar, and can't seem to understand that a guitar is a tool made of wood and plastic and metal. there is no magic in the guitar. none at all.

do you guys not know how a factory even works? they make money by getting product out the door, period, the end. there is no QC guy looking over guitars and directing less than perfect ones to a pile marked for best buy. a guitar passes QC or it doesn't. there is no more to it than that. i personally know at least a dozen people who have scored insane deals on gibson guitars sold at best buy. guess what? they bought fine guitars at discount prices! ZOMG!!!!!!!

i know guys who bought 2014 studio pros that retailed for $1500 can, at best buy for $500+ in early 2016. brand spanking new, perfectly good guitars for almost 70% discount.

even if you opened the box and there were no pick ups and tuners on it, you still made out like a bandit. guess what? they were perfect. another thing is the tired old song and dance guys love to spew about not buying a guitar they haven't played. dumb, dumb, dumb, 100x. you get a guitar that isn't right, you take it back and get another. screwed up instruments are rare, anecdotal internet not withstanding. for every internet horror story, i can trot out ones to show otherwise. i in fact bought my current LP sight unseen from a box store. (long & mquade) i ordered it and had it delivered to my house. i never saw it till i opened the box. i got a beautiful guitar that plays great and sounds wonderful. it was not random chance. stop believing in magic.

• Upvote 1

well Daniel you don't say where you are in the country (or even which country you're in)

the local Best Buy to me in Canada has some of the lowest grade guitars on the shelf. (Gibson included. I wouldn't even let my cat buy one, neck joints are that bad)

and I see the higher end guitar's are only online

and it states which music store is selling/shipping them

for us here, Best Buy says guitar ships from Cosmo Music so Best Buy is sort of acting like Amazon in this case as a distributor.

Cosmo is a pretty good music store up where too.

so local in store.. junk looks B grade.. online, as much choice as any large shop.

You're a smart little troll aren't you? :rolleyes:

you referring to me? i deny being smart, AND being a troll. i do have a tendency to rant, one of my few shortcomings. i don't see how i can be a troll defending a brand on it's very own own enthusiast forum. i would think that should work the other way. those bad-mouthing the brand should be the ones considered trolls. do you think anyone in gibson's management would feel differently than what i stated in my post? do you distrust the company who makes the guitars you love so much as to believe they deliberately send a less than perfect product out the door to specific retailers? that certainly would not line up with their publicly published policy which clearly states any guitars unable to be repaired after QC evaluation are destroyed. there are no factory seconds from gibson.

lastly, if a guitar is made correctly according to factory spec, where you buy it matters very little in terms of what you get. the heritage cherry sunburst guitar you might buy at your local guitar store is no different than one you buy 1000 miles away from amazon.com or wherever. there may be minute differences in set up, but those are things purposely made to be user adjustable. no one tries before they buy from sweetwater or musician's friend, and yet they sell truckloads of guitars with regularity.

while i don't actually know this, i'd be willing to bet that no one working for sweetwater or musician's friend spends their day doing set-ups on sold instruments. whatever you get is a combination of what the factory did, and weather conditions during shipping and warehousing. that said, i realize some people are ridiculously picky, and will return a guitar because they discovered an orange peel section in the neck joint that is as wide as a hair.

I had a pickup that stoped working properly after some time and a problem with wrong connectors on Gibson aftermarket pickups that were different than those on the original PCB in my other Lester.

This is why I buy from authorized dealers:

Gibson limited lifetime warranty!

Both problems had nothing to do with QC, both were solved.

I didn't have to ship anything and it didn't cost me a single dime.

Just some mails to Gibson Europe and a bit of waiting.

So unless it's THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY I'll buy authorized.

• 3 weeks later...

like many people on many forums, you guys go out of your way to avoid logic and rational thinking. all of you seem to believe in the jukebox hero guitar, and can't seem to understand that a guitar is a tool made of wood and plastic and metal. there is no magic in the guitar. none at all.

do you guys not know how a factory even works? they make money by getting product out the door, period, the end. there is no QC guy looking over guitars and directing less than perfect ones to a pile marked for best buy. a guitar passes QC or it doesn't. there is no more to it than that. i personally know at least a dozen people who have scored insane deals on gibson guitars sold at best buy. guess what? they bought fine guitars at discount prices! ZOMG!!!!!!!

i know guys who bought 2014 studio pros that retailed for $1500 can, at best buy for $500+ in early 2016. brand spanking new, perfectly good guitars for almost 70% discount.

even if you opened the box and there were no pick ups and tuners on it, you still made out like a bandit. guess what? they were perfect. another thing is the tired old song and dance guys love to spew about not buying a guitar they haven't played. dumb, dumb, dumb, 100x. you get a guitar that isn't right, you take it back and get another. screwed up instruments are rare, anecdotal internet not withstanding. for every internet horror story, i can trot out ones to show otherwise. i in fact bought my current LP sight unseen from a box store. (long & mquade) i ordered it and had it delivered to my house. i never saw it till i opened the box. i got a beautiful guitar that plays great and sounds wonderful. it was not random chance. stop believing in magic.

Totally agree and formthe record I don't think your post is trollish at all. A Gibson that came from Best Buy came from the same factory as a Gibson at GC or Sweetwater. And while I've never bought a guitar at BB (I don't think BB in the States sell guitars, or at least the one I go to doesn't) the Gibson warranty and return policies would be basically the same, regardless of the store.

It's not like BB is some shady fly by night retailer. If the guitar they sold you was defective or not to your liking I'm pretty sure they would do exactly what they do with the all their merchandise and allow you to return or exchange it.

People get really OCD about guitars for some reason when as other posters have said they're just tools from a factory.

I had a pickup that stoped working properly after some time and a problem with wrong connectors on Gibson aftermarket pickups that were different than those on the original PCB in my other Lester.

This is why I buy from authorized dealers:

Gibson limited lifetime warranty!

Both problems had nothing to do with QC, both were solved.

I didn't have to ship anything and it didn't cost me a single dime.

Just some mails to Gibson Europe and a bit of waiting.

So unless it's THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY I'll buy authorized.

If BB is selling new Gibsons they're an "authorized dealer" and the Gibson warranty is going to work just like it would on a guitar bought at Guitar Center or Sweetwater.

Totally agree and formthe record I don't think your post is trollish at all. A Gibson that came from Best Buy came from the same factory as a Gibson at GC or Sweetwater. And while I've never bought a guitar at BB (I don't think BB in the States sell guitars, or at least the one I go to doesn't) the Gibson warranty and return policies would be basically the same, regardless of the store.

It's not like BB is some shady fly by night retailer. If the guitar they sold you was defective or not to your liking I'm pretty sure they would do exactly what they do with the all their merchandise and allow you to return or exchange it.

People get really OCD about guitars for some reason when as other posters have said they're just tools from a factory.

I get REALLY OCD with everything that costs mo than a grand

I get REALLY OCD with everything that costs mo than a grand

I understand being cautious but again, it's not like BB is some sketchy EBay store with 3 reviews. The Gibson you buy at BB is no different than one from GC, Sweetwater, Sam Ash or any Gibson authorized "music store". They all come from the exact same factory.

It's not even like big chain "music" stores have really knowledgeable or superior employees or superior customer service, anyone who has shopped at a Guitar Center can attest to that. Often the employees don't actually know much about the products they're selling.

If you bought a Gibson at BB it's covered by the exact same warranty as any other Gibson, if a store is selling new genuine Gibsons....they're an "authorized dealer".

So I really can't imagine...other than OCD....why anyone would even worry about buying a Gibson from BB if it was a good deal.

It's like thinking the car you buy from one dealership is going to be better or worse than an identical car from another dealership or the bottle of ketchup you buy at one grocery store is somehow different than the bottle of ketchup from a grocery down the road.

Sam Ash, Best Buy, Sweetwater, GC are all getting their product from the exact same place. Obviously there are going to be occasional duds from mass produced guitars coming out of a factory but that's just luck of the draw. Like the other guy said nobody is setting aside crappy ones to go to BB.

The only way I could see a "music store" being better than a BB is if you wanted to actually play the guitar before buying but for all I know BB might let people try out the guitars in store. Even still if you want to actually try a guitar out (I mean if you don't shop online) you're limited to whatever product a store has

I've bought most of my guitars online (all used though) and the only one I've ever had problems with is my Midtown Custom. It's got tuning issues that I'm trying to sort out.

I get being cautious but there's a difference between rational concerns and (IMO) paranoia.

I understand being cautious but again, it's not like BB is some sketchy EBay store with 3 reviews. The Gibson you buy at BB is no different than one from GC, Sweetwater, Sam Ash or any Gibson authorized "music store". They all come from the exact same factory.

It's not even like big chain "music" stores have really knowledgeable or superior employees or superior customer service, anyone who has shopped at a Guitar Center can attest to that. Often the employees don't actually know much about the products they're selling.

If you bought a Gibson at BB it's covered by the exact same warranty as any other Gibson, if a store is selling new genuine Gibsons....they're an "authorized dealer".

So I really can't imagine...other than OCD....why anyone would even worry about buying a Gibson from BB if it was a good deal.

It's like thinking the car you buy from one dealership is going to be better or worse than an identical car from another dealership or the bottle of ketchup you buy at one grocery store is somehow different than the bottle of ketchup from a grocery down the road.

Sam Ash, Best Buy, Sweetwater, GC are all getting their product from the exact same place. Obviously there are going to be occasional duds from mass produced guitars coming out of a factory but that's just luck of the draw. Like the other guy said nobody is setting aside crappy ones to go to BB.

The only way I could see a "music store" being better than a BB is if you wanted to actually play the guitar before buying but for all I know BB might let people try out the guitars in store. Even still if you want to actually try a guitar out (I mean if you don't shop online) you're limited to whatever product a store has

I've bought most of my guitars online (all used though) and the only one I've ever had problems with is my Midtown Custom. It's got tuning issues that I'm trying to sort out.

I get being cautious but there's a difference between rational concerns and (IMO) paranoia.

You can call me paranoid if you want.

I never said that the guitars sold at BB are diffrent than those sold by GC, S&A or whatever other store.

I only say if there is a problem with your guitar you better be sure you have purchased it at an authorized dealership.

This is from the Gibson page copied and pasted:

Gibson USA and Custom Warranty

Your new Gibson instrument is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original retail purchaser, subject to the limitations contained in this warranty.

If at any time this Gibson instrument malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Gibson will repair the defect(s) or replace the instrument, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Gibson reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair in the event that original materials are no longer available. If replacement of your instrument is deemed appropriate by our staff, Gibson will replace the instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument.

This warranty covers the cost of both labor and materials on any repair deemed necessary by our Customer Service Representative for the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the unlikely event that your instrument is destroyed, lost or damaged beyond repair, while in the possession of Gibson for repair,Gibson will replace that instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument. Any insurance covering the instrument, including but not limited to collector's value insurance, must be carried by owner at owner's expense.

THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.

This Warranty Is Subject To The Following Limitations

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

• Any instrument that has been altered or modified in any way or upon which the serial number has been tampered with or altered.
  • Any instrument whose warranty card has been altered or upon which false information has been given.
  • Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident, or improper operation.
  • The subjective issue of tonal characteristics.
  • Shipping damages of any kind.
  • Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity or temperature
  • Normal wear and tear (i.e., worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pickguards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).
  • Any instrument that has been purchased from an unauthorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service has been performed.
  • Any factory installed electronics after a period of one (I) year following the original date of purchase.
  • Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.
  • Gibson does not warranty the playability of a instrument whose "action" is lower than the standard "action" as defined in the owners manual.

GIBSON MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL IMPLIED, WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEEDING THE SPECIFIC PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND/OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THAT THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION. DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTRUMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF GIBSON OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES, CLAIMS, OR SUITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.

**Customers who purchased product outside the U.S should contact their local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues as the above-described Gibson Gold Warranty is not applicable.

How To Obtain Warranty Service

In the event of malfunction of your Gibson instrument, you should notify your nearest Authorized Gibson Dealer.

The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Gibson Service Center. If there is no Authorized Gibson Service Center near you, contact or have your dealer contact Gibson for information and an authorization to return the Instrument to Gibson. No instrument may be returned to Gibson without such prior Return Authorization. Only Authorized Gibson Service Centers may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Gibson disclaims liability for defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons or non-warranty service not performed by Gibson or an Authorized Gibson Service Center.

When contacting Gibson, you must include a complete written description of the malfunction of the instrument. If non-warranty work is required or recommended by Gibson, a quotation will be issued and must be approved by you before any non-warranty work is commenced. You should consider quotations obtained for non-warranty work immediately and advise the Authorized Gibson Service Center or Gibson of your wishes. You are not required to purchase non-warranty work in order to obtain service on materials covered by this warranty. Following its inspection of an instrument upon its arrival, Gibson or the Authorized Gibson Service Center will advise you or your dealer of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to you or your dealer, freight collect insured.

No representative or other person is authorized to assume for Gibson any liability except as stated in this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights which vary from state to state or from country to country.

For further information, write:

Customer Service Dept.,

Gibson Guitar Corp.

PO Box 100087

Nashville, TN 37210-0087

Phone: 1-800-4GIBSON

Email: service@gibson.com

I also looked for Best Buy at the dealer list on the Gibson page, here:

http://www.gibson.com/Support/Dealers.aspx?mappath=/Support/Dealers/North-America/United-States/New-York

The link above is for the state of NY, I also looked in California and din't see any Best Buy.

Because America is great and I have only limited time I couldnt scroll through all states.

Personally I am still amazed how good Gibson's customer service and warranty worked out for me,

sadly nowadays it isn't the norm with most things.

If you want to buy a new guitar in a bloody gas station because it's a killer deal go ahead, but that it's new doesn't mean that it's covered under warranty.

It could also be an exraordinary good feeling and playing instrument, but if there is a problem you are on your own.

• Upvote 1

You can call me paranoid if you want.

I never said that the guitars sold at BB are diffrent than those sold by GC, S&A or whatever other store.

I only say if there is a problem with your guitar you better be sure you have purchased it at an authorized dealership.

This is from the Gibson page copied and pasted:

Gibson USA and Custom Warranty

Your new Gibson instrument is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original retail purchaser, subject to the limitations contained in this warranty.

If at any time this Gibson instrument malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Gibson will repair the defect(s) or replace the instrument, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Gibson reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair in the event that original materials are no longer available. If replacement of your instrument is deemed appropriate by our staff, Gibson will replace the instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument.

This warranty covers the cost of both labor and materials on any repair deemed necessary by our Customer Service Representative for the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the unlikely event that your instrument is destroyed, lost or damaged beyond repair, while in the possession of Gibson for repair,Gibson will replace that instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument. Any insurance covering the instrument, including but not limited to collector's value insurance, must be carried by owner at owner's expense.

THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.

This Warranty Is Subject To The Following Limitations

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

• Any instrument that has been altered or modified in any way or upon which the serial number has been tampered with or altered.
  • Any instrument whose warranty card has been altered or upon which false information has been given.
  • Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident, or improper operation.
  • The subjective issue of tonal characteristics.
  • Shipping damages of any kind.
  • Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity or temperature
  • Normal wear and tear (i.e., worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pickguards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).
  • Any instrument that has been purchased from an unauthorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service has been performed.
  • Any factory installed electronics after a period of one (I) year following the original date of purchase.
  • Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.
  • Gibson does not warranty the playability of a instrument whose "action" is lower than the standard "action" as defined in the owners manual.

GIBSON MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL IMPLIED, WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEEDING THE SPECIFIC PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND/OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THAT THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION. DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTRUMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF GIBSON OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES, CLAIMS, OR SUITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.

**Customers who purchased product outside the U.S should contact their local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues as the above-described Gibson Gold Warranty is not applicable.

How To Obtain Warranty Service

In the event of malfunction of your Gibson instrument, you should notify your nearest Authorized Gibson Dealer.

The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Gibson Service Center. If there is no Authorized Gibson Service Center near you, contact or have your dealer contact Gibson for information and an authorization to return the Instrument to Gibson. No instrument may be returned to Gibson without such prior Return Authorization. Only Authorized Gibson Service Centers may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Gibson disclaims liability for defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons or non-warranty service not performed by Gibson or an Authorized Gibson Service Center.

When contacting Gibson, you must include a complete written description of the malfunction of the instrument. If non-warranty work is required or recommended by Gibson, a quotation will be issued and must be approved by you before any non-warranty work is commenced. You should consider quotations obtained for non-warranty work immediately and advise the Authorized Gibson Service Center or Gibson of your wishes. You are not required to purchase non-warranty work in order to obtain service on materials covered by this warranty. Following its inspection of an instrument upon its arrival, Gibson or the Authorized Gibson Service Center will advise you or your dealer of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to you or your dealer, freight collect insured.

No representative or other person is authorized to assume for Gibson any liability except as stated in this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights which vary from state to state or from country to country.

For further information, write:

Customer Service Dept.,

Gibson Guitar Corp.

PO Box 100087

Nashville, TN 37210-0087

Phone: 1-800-4GIBSON

Email: service@gibson.com

I also looked for Best Buy at the dealer list on the Gibson page, here:

http://www.gibson.com/Support/Dealers.aspx?mappath=/Support/Dealers/North-America/United-States/New-York

The link above is for the state of NY, I also looked in California and din't see any Best Buy.

Because America is great and I have only limited time I couldnt scroll through all states.

Personally I am still amazed how good Gibson's customer service and warranty worked out for me,

sadly nowadays it isn't the norm with most things.

If you want to buy a new guitar in a bloody gas station because it's a killer deal go ahead, but that it's new doesn't mean that it's covered under warranty.

It could also be an exraordinary good feeling and playing instrument, but if there is a problem you are on your own.

BB in the US does not sell muiscal instruments as far as I know........I said that earlier, remember?

BB in Canada....where they do sell Gibson guitars......is an authorized Gibson dealer. Look it up.