Gibson Brands Forums

Which bridge pins for LG-1 Restoration

(I think I Posted this originally in the wrong forum, probably should have gone here....) Hello all, been working on restoration of mom's mid-60's LG1. Project has been on hold while hubby took over garage and workshop to build a wood strip Kayak. Getting back to it now and I am looking for thoughts on the bridge pins. The top was completely destroyed (by my brother who started the restoration 30 years ago). I had to make a new top, and I made a rosewood bridge to match the original plastic one. I'm not planning on selling it, and without the original top, it probably wouldn't be worth much anyway. So,I'm not sure how important it is to be "original" with the bridge pins. Certainly it would be easier to use slotted pins, which is what I assume was original. I don't have the original pins. So, would appreciate any suggestions/advice/input on whether which approach would be best for this project. Thanks in advance for your help. -cj- (BTW, I did do xbracing on the new top and a rosewood plate for the bridge)...

Archived