Gibson Brands Forums

48 State Tour with my J-200 on a Motorcycle!

joepopp

Hey Gibson crew,

I realize I have not been here for a while, but I'm finally doing this tour I have been talking about for 2 years! No production team - just me, the bike, a guitar, and some video gear. All 48 states non-stop beginning in May of 2017. Follow along! :)

I will be stopping in Bozeman and I was hoping to tour the factory where my SJ-200 was made, but my understanding is that there are no more public tours. Anyone have an in?

Here is the Pilot Episode:

Here is the website for more information:

http://www.poppoveramerica.com

If you have a place to crash or can provide any help please check out this page:

http://www.joepopp.net/poppoveramerica/participate/

Thanks and Ride On!

poppoveramerica.jpg

Out Flipping Standing ! Best of luck with the endeavor man.

I saw this online a while ago regarding the customization of the case and really enjoyed it! Any current pics of the J200 so we can all see how it faired on the trip, re: bumps, bruises, dents, dings, etc.? Thanks!

That'll be fun! I've played out in the valleys of Yellowstone, desert of Death Valley, couple smaller parks between. Enjoy yourself and when you are done we can say Welcome To The Continental Club!

rct

I like the look of it Joe Popp!

I do remember this when you mentioned it a while back and wondered if it would ever get done.

Thanks Avery! I started new band, struggled with some depression, but I finally knocked it out. I'm excited to finally be doing it!

I saw this online a while ago regarding the customization of the case and really enjoyed it! Any current pics of the J200 so we can all see how it faired on the trip, re: bumps, bruises, dents, dings, etc.? Thanks!

Hoffee Cases sponsored me (after suggestions from this board to contact him!) and the guitar is in perfect shape with the exception of a few minor dings I put on it. The case is simply amazing. I rode in the driving rain with out any leakage at all. The guitar has been flown like 6 times (checked baggage) and no damage whatsoever. I did remove the Aura system and changed to a K&K mini which I like better. I also added a Colosi bridge saddle which made an astounding difference in tone and string breakage (much less). I love this guitar. It's my forever guitar. Now if I can find a woman like that....

IMG_0433-768x1024.jpg

That'll be fun! I've played out in the valleys of Yellowstone, desert of Death Valley, couple smaller parks between. Enjoy yourself and when you are done we can say Welcome To The Continental Club!

rct

Thanks rct! I'll be recording and videoing quite a bit! Stay tuned. I'm looking for non-traditional gigs as well as traditional ones.

Gibson won't sponsor?

I contacted them several times and even had a friend of a friend who was supported by them put me in touch with a person directly, but no response. I get it. I'm nobody famous. But it would have been nice to get a response or a shirt or something! I love my SJ-200 so much I would not even consider being sponsored by another brand. I'm not worried. I've gotten more rejections from companies and producers I'm just going to rock it D.I.Y style like in my old punk rock days...

I contacted them several times and even had a friend of a friend who was supported by them put me in touch with a person directly, but no response. I get it. I'm nobody famous. But it would have been nice to get a response or a shirt or something! I love my SJ-200 so much I would not even consider being sponsored by another brand. I'm not worried. I've gotten more rejections from companies and producers I'm just going to rock it D.I.Y style like in my old punk rock days...

IMHO Gibson's got their head up their arse! Hopefully they'll come around.

Best of luck to you, i just watched the first episode, you're off to a great start!

IMHO Gibson's got their head up their arse! Hopefully they'll come around.

Best of luck to you, i just watched the first episode, you're off to a great start!

Ha Ha! That would be cool. Thank you for your complements! Hoping each episode gets better!

I wondered whatever happened to you.

Outstanding!

You might check into Adventure Rider, they have a Sportbike section, bunch of support and it's huge.

Here's wishing the best...

I have a post up there I put under mapping. No response! I may try another category...

Sounds like a great adventure for sure. I will be happy to offer a meal and a place to sleep if you ever get to the 49th state. [biggrin]

I wish I had the time! I'd love to come to Alaska. Maybe a separate trip next summer? Very generous...

Good on ya! If you make it to Sacramento, California I ride a Honda ST 1100 and have an Aprilia Tuono. I've got a garage full of motorcycle tools, I play guitar, and I have suffered from depression so I am able to offer support in several different ways. Let me know and I'll do what I can. Cheers and good luck.

Archived