Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ES-275

Landshark

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That is a beauty Landshark. [thumbup] [thumbup] I was wondering how thick the body is? The Gibson site does not spell out the body dimensions. Also what scale length 24.75 or 25.5? It looks to be a little thicker than a 335 or 336 (semi hollows), but not as thick as a 175 or L-5.

Has some nice appointments like the bone nut, split parallelogram markers and the MHS pickups are touted as very like original PAFs. Little surprised by the Richlite fingerboard at this price point, but nothing wrong with that. Does it rock out at all or is it leaning more toward a jazz/blues box? You mentioned the neck felt like a LP. Should sound sweet through your Fender amp.

Enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a beauty Landshark. [thumbup] [thumbup] I was wondering how thick the body is? The Gibson site does not spell out the body dimensions. Also what scale length 24.75 or 25.5? It looks to be a little thicker than a 335 or 336 (semi hollows), but not as thick as a 175 or L-5.

Has some nice appointments like the bone nut, split parallelogram markers and the MHS pickups are touted as very like original PAFs. Little surprised by the Richlite fingerboard at this price point, but nothing wrong with that. Does it rock out at all or is it leaning more toward a jazz/blues box? You mentioned the neck felt like a LP. Should sound sweet through your Fender amp.

Enjoy it.

The ES 275 seems to be about 2 inches although I haven't measured mine. It is wider than my 335 but not as think as my 175. The body is smaller than both. Scale length is 24.75. I have only used mine on jazz/blues/r&b gigs. I currently have NYXL .11-.50 but will probably see how the TI Jazz Swing .11 flatwounds sound on it. Richlite is not an issue for me. Tone is sweet through my DRRI, TRRI and Mustang III v.2.

post-85877-046192700 1498687406_thumb.jpg

Thanks for checking back and answering my questions. Glad you are enjoying it and I agree some flatwounds will probably sound great on it. I recently got a new 356 semi with a Richlite board and if I didn't know what it was I would've thought it was ebony.

Amazed by your indoor photo and how much different it looks than the one you took outdoors. That is one sweet looking axe. [thumbup] [thumbup]

These are awesome guitars; played two a few weeks back - one standard cherry and one like yours. Sadly the one like yours had some quality issues but both played marvellously! Congratulations!

Archived