Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone FT 500

senseiblackburn

Hello. I have read this string and it is several years old so I am not sure if anyone will respond but I am hoping someone can give me info on my Epi FT 550. It has that pretty 3 piece Jacaranda back and you can see the unfinished pieces via the sound hole. My curiosity happens when I look at the label. It only says FT 500...not Excellente anywhere on it. I think it is a almost humorous sign of the times that the "Made in Japan" has been colored over with a black marker. Growing up I remember things that were Made In Japan were considered inferior as opposed to today when they are oft-times superior. I have personally owned this guitar about 30 years and was given it by my cousin who said he got it from Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & The Raiders fame although I have zero proof to that end but it did make me wonder if Mark had an Epiphone deal and perhaps this was given to him by the company therefore explaining the label...but again I may be making more out of it than there really is. Any help would be appreciated.

post-65418-041983000 1485809513_thumb.jpg

Archived