Gibson Brands Forums

Auditions

rct

I have an audition tonight. Jeesus I haven't auditioned for a band in more than 20 years. I have to poop, I'm nervous, and I've forgotten where my guitars are.

They want me to play 70s arena rock at stupid volumes, sing harmonies on most, sing lead on a few. Think I'll have trouble? DOH!

Holy crap I'm nervous as a cat in a...no, not a restaurant, a rocking chair store.

Pray for me. Pray hard. And BadBluesPlayer, pray for him too. I never pray so, just sayin.

rct

Of course man... The best of British to you dear chap (cos I know how you like us Brits ;))

I think I know how youd feel.. I haven't played in a band for 20 years (only the odd jam since then)... And the idea of it now is rather scary to me... I would like too though...

So good luck, just be you dude, that's all you can be and im sure it will be enough.. Let us know how it goes

(and make sure you take your best case :D)

.....70s arena rock......stupid volumes......sing.....rct.(*)

Sorted.

And the very best of luck, Old Sport!

msp_thumbup.gif

(*) You should count yourself insanely lucky I chose not to keep the word 'poop' in there, somewhere....

Pip.

Well thanks for the musical support and the dietary advice!

It went great. I was nervous as a prom kid, started up the Georgia Satellites thing Hands To Yerself and got to the first time the singer got all huggy and kissy and that was it, we were all kids again playing rock and roll.

4th song we did was Already Gone, which I have not done with a band in at least 20 years. It was an opener for all our high school bands back then I was really looking forward to it. I was offered the gig after that one, the rest of the night was just plain ol' fun.

Unfortunately I can't take the gig, as much as I'd like to. Really good, really experienced players, 4 voices, rock. Can't beat that with a stick. Unfortunately I was led to believe that not only were they gig ready, which they are, we could go out next weekend and have a blast, I was told they had a dozen or so lined up. They don't. They were hoping I would bring some connections and steady gigging to them.

So I'm in that situation with my own band right now, and it is seasonal to some degree. This band is 30 miles away, up Big Bills way. My band is less than 8 miles from home, I could walk to rehearsal from my office, a studio full of the stuff we need. So we all agreed it makes no sense for me to leave this situation for that situation.

I made some really good friends I hope, we will keep in touch no matter what. The lead singer guitar player was adamant about staying in touch for some outdoor stuff this summer, so that could be exciting.

Thanks again. It's nice to know so many guitar players can understand what's important to us all. Poop.

rct

It's nice to know so many guitar players can understand what's important to us all. Poop.

One word for ya on that one... probiotics - I poop like clockwork, 6:15 every morning.

Oh, glad you had a great audition even though the situation didn't prove optimal.

Thanks again. It's nice to know so many guitar players can understand what's important to us all. Poop.

rct

Not just poop, but a good poop. The kind where your alone and the porcelain and water is cool. Thing kind of poo that when you leave the room you have a little bounce in your step!

Not just poop, but a good poop. The kind where your alone and the porcelain and water is cool. Thing kind of poo that when you leave the room you have a little bounce in your step!

You mean not the kind when its like crapping through the eye of a needle ? Or turning a tap on... somewhere in the middle...

[rolleyes]

Archived