Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Tribute 2017

Quatroo

Nice.. They are really nice guitars for the price...

Tell me.. Is there a reason that the trussrod cover is backwards? Or is it something you like to do to mess with peoples heads? :)

When adjusted trussrod, by mistake I screwed it backwards :)

Hi Patrick,

Its good to see video for a change. The Tribute sounds great. [thumbup] What pickups does she have?

490R and 490T Humbucker. Powerful classic sound.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I am happy with my new Gibson Tribute 2017. I would like to share with you my video where I present this new Gibson model. If you have any questions about the guitar, please write. I will try to answer as soon as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJCSdpsXtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzXOiigUYA

Have you run into static discharge issues ?? I have with mine !! Any solutions are appreciated.

Cheers !

Have you run into static discharge issues ?? I have with mine !! Any solutions are appreciated.

Cheers !

I have never had this problem but I hear that the anti static dryer sheets do a good job.

I have never had this problem but I hear that the anti static dryer sheets do a good job.

Tried that but left a messy residue on the neck. I understand that it is an electrical charge they put to the finish to save paint.

So far all I've been doing is polish the begeezus out of it hoping that will make it go away.

Tried that but left a messy residue on the neck. I understand that it is an electrical charge they put to the finish to save paint.

So far all I've been doing is polish the begeezus out of it hoping that will make it go away.

What are you doing with the guitar when you are getting the static discharge? What part are you touching?

What are you doing with the guitar when you are getting the static discharge? What part are you touching?

The guitar gives off the static discharge if I run my hand up and down the neck, it's a case of touching the frets for starters.

Anything that's metal will give the pop and crackling sound. Also the back plate screws will pop and crackle. I've had the guitar since late Feb/17.

When I first got it, rubbing the guitar on my shirt to change position caused a lot of static also.

The best I've been able to do is polish the begeezus to it once a week on the hope it will get rid of the noises.

The other theory why it gives off the static is because Gibson puts a charge to the finish to save on paint/lacquer.

I've been told it will eventually go away so time will tell. For the moment it looks like the guitar won't be along for a gig.

Hi!

I am happy with my new Gibson Tribute 2017. I would like to share with you my video where I present this new Gibson model. If you have any questions about the guitar, please write. I will try to answer as soon as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJCSdpsXtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzXOiigUYA

Great demo. nice guitar, and some very good playing there, I wish I had your talent.

The guitar gives off the static discharge if I run my hand up and down the neck, it's a case of touching the frets for starters.

Anything that's metal will give the pop and crackling sound. Also the back plate screws will pop and crackle. I've had the guitar since late Feb/17.

When I first got it, rubbing the guitar on my shirt to change position caused a lot of static also.

The best I've been able to do is polish the begeezus to it once a week on the hope it will get rid of the noises.

The other theory why it gives off the static is because Gibson puts a charge to the finish to save on paint/lacquer.

I've been told it will eventually go away so time will tell. For the moment it looks like the guitar won't be along for a gig.

What is your humidity in your guitar room? Low humidity can cause static electricity. It is possible that you are the source of the static electricity and then when you touch the metal, you notice it. I have an issue like that where I have microfiber covered furniture and if I get up to play a guitar, I will get the pop. My solution is to increase the humidity to 55% and touch a metal object to discharge the electricity before touching a guitar.

People are always complaining about high Gibson charges.

Vigourous rubbing with a cloth could make it worse! ;)

If your shirt is the problem, play in a bathrobe. And to get rid of static, try moving around more.

Seriously... I've never heard of this before on a guitar. It seems weird. I hope you can solve it soon.

Archived