Gibson Brands Forums

Thunderbird Question

pandarocket

Hi All

I have just put a deposit on an 05 Korean built Thunderbird, is there anything I should be wary of with these models? It looks great and plays very nicely, but this is my first step into the world of bass, so I know next to nothing. Any feedback would be welcome.

Hi Mr p.....[thumbup]

Do we assume an Epiphone here?

Korean quality is generally excellent and provides superb VFM....[thumbup]

There are alternatives from other manufacturers which may be worth looking at for comparison.....

Some folks happily purchase and maintain their guitars and basses themselves

Others enlist the support of a technician to check electrics and ensure optimum 'set up' when required.....[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Hi Mr p.....[thumbup]

Do we assume an Epiphone here?

Korean quality is generally excellent and provides superb VFM....[thumbup]

There are alternatives from other manufacturers which may be worth looking at for comparison.....

Some folks happily purchase and maintain their guitars and basses themselves

Others enlist the support of a technician to check electrics and ensure optimum 'set up' when required.....[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Hi Versatile

Yeah it's an Epi, I can't do full fat Gibsons as I'm allergic to the nitro coating! Thanks for the info, I guessed that a Korean would be better than the Chinese modern examples (the knobs are on straight for example!), but it's good to have it verified. I am buying from a guitar store here in Exeter, so they would have checked it out and sorted any issues (and I'll at least get some form of warranty). The action seemed fine and comfortable to me, so I will sit with it for a while before seeing if I feel I need it tweaked. I can't wait for the 21st as that's when I'll be getting it.

Archived