Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Homecoming 2017

Valerie B.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Valerie Bolitho. I retired from Gibson Acoustic in May 2015 after 24 years. I spent most of that time working in the Custom shop. I have been involved in the Gibson Homecoming since it began. I am now taking over organizing the event from Mike Goeke. Mike always has done an awesome job of organizing. I, on the other hand, am still trying to get this whole organizing job figured out. If you would like to register for the homecoming please send your email address to bolithoguitars@gmail.com. I will be sending out emails with information about the homecoming. The dates for the 2017 are June7-10. If you have any questions you can call me (406)539-9229.

If you have never been to a Gibson Homecoming you are missing out on a great event! I always look forward to seeing this group of friends!! Please join us!!

[thumbup]

Hi Val-

Nice of you to check in; We’ve heard of you on the forum before- “Hogeye”, as he’s known around here, has mentioned how you were an important part of making some really great guitars in Bozeman for Gibson Montana for many years, and how you might have a guitar or two that many fellow forumites would be interested to hear more about.

Déjà vu all over again: I was just thinking today about wanting to make the homecoming someday, and lamenting how it’s such a busy time of the year that a trip out to Montana would be tough unless it involved red-eye flights and/or weekend travel. Someday, it’s just gotta happen, though.

Enjoy your retirement, even if by the looks of it, you’ve not completely left Gibson!

Hi Val-

Nice of you to check in; We’ve heard of you on the forum before- “Hogeye”, as he’s known around here, has mentioned how you were an important part of making some really great guitars in Bozeman for Gibson Montana for many years, and how you might have a guitar or two that many fellow forumites would be interested to hear more about.

Déjà vu all over again: I was just thinking today about wanting to make the homecoming someday, and lamenting how it’s such a busy time of the year that a trip out to Montana would be tough unless it involved red-eye flights and/or weekend travel. Someday, it’s just gotta happen, though.

Enjoy your retirement, even if by the looks of it, you’ve not completely left Gibson!

Hello to you,

It's too bad you can't make the homecoming! We do have a lot of fun and I have met so many amazing people. I have built custom guitars for some of the people I have met which is a very cool experience. I have my own shop and am finishing my second guitar. I tried to upload pic of my "Wolf" Advanced jumbo but the files were to large. If you would like to see the pics send me your email address!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Valerie.

I'm going to try to look into coming this year...

By the way I found your page on Facebook. And saw a picture of Ren with Black Pearl. I can only imagine that it's a commission for JD. I also saw your guitar with the paw print soundholes...

Cheers, and I hope to meet.

Hi Valerie.

I'm going to try to look into coming this year...

By the way I found your page on Facebook. And saw a picture of Ren with Black Pearl. I can only imagine that it's a commission for JD. I also saw your guitar with the paw print soundholes...

Cheers, and I hope to meet.

Hi, I hope you can make it! The Grantee hotel in Bozeman is where the event is held. If you call for reservations make sure you tell them you are with the Gibson homecoming.

Johnny Depp does owm the Black Pearl! That was a fun guitar to work on!

If you send me an email(bolithoguitars@gmail.com)I can add you to the list to receive updates on event.

Hope you can join us!

Val Bolitho

• 6 months later...

Archived