Gibson Brands Forums

My first Les Paul - Serial Number info

Guest Kevin

I just bought my first Les Paul after 25 years of dreaming of one. I was hoping maybe someone could provide some details based off the serial number. I tried one of the "lookup" sites but I have heard they are unreliable.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Serial Number 132300548

Well, if you used the guitar dater site it's usually ok and would have told you that it was made on Nov 19 2010.

Gibson went over to a 9-digit serial numbering system in 2005 so that fits in fine.

But, of course, serial numbers can be faked.

The best way to get info is to post some snaps of the guitar.

Pip.

I don't think it's fake. I researched all the tell tale signs of a fake and it doesn't have any of them. I am just curious what info can be obtained from the serial number

Serial numbers tell us absolutely nothing apart from the build date and where it was made etc...

It's the same as how the date printed at the top of a newspaper doesn't tell you that day's news.

You could ask for more info from Gibson Customer Service who might very well have detailed info recorded somewhere but we forumites don't have access to Gibson's production records. Their records are, understandably, kept private.

The easiest way by far would be to post some snaps. But hey; it's up to you.

P.

Archived