Gibson Brands Forums

Hello everyone from Milan, Italy

GuidoAndreoni

Hello, my name is Guido and I live in Milan Italy. I got a 335 recently, but do not know the steps to set-up, string height from the handle, away from the same pickup.

I hope to learn many things from you that you are definitely more experienced than me.

I took this guitar after having owned it for forty years a Gibson Hummingbird acoustic guitar, which unfortunately I have stolen during a show in the evening. The transition from one sound to a semihollow body was necessary because I love Jazz and Blues.

Good life to all and thanks for your advice (measures for setting).

PS

Sorry for my english ...

This may be the worst advice you get on this forum, but I just Googled it and learned by trial and error. It's not rocket science. I have never paid a luthier to set up a guitar or mandolin. After setting up a guitar or two you will feel much more confident. Good luck and enjoy your beautiful instrument, made in America to be loved all over the world! P.S. Your English is good!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your caution advice, but I know exactly what I do . I have already set the Stratocaster and Telecaster. But this is the first Ghibson 335 and I wanted to use the standard settings of the Gibson Farm, but can not find on line the correct set up. Of course I would do the following setup suited to my playing.

First, Welcome to the forum and I never set up a guitar before and was doubtful of setting up my Gibson till guys here told me how to do it. Now, I set them all up and they do sound better. I bought a string gauge ruler before doing it. Lots of great helpful people here.

Archived