Gibson Brands Forums

Got a Banner J-45 (1944 Adi) and a 1950 J-45

gotomsdos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got Willi's 1944 J-45 ! Lucky sounds INCREDIBLE !

Thank you all guys who helped me !

Looks to be in spectacular condition. It appears that you may have substantially increased your original budget to get that one, but it looks like it might be worth it.

Looks to be in spectacular condition. It appears that you may have substantially increased your original budget to get that one, but it looks like it might be worth it.

Thank you nick and all !

I originally intended to put maximum 6000 in to get a 1948-1952. Bumped a Banner of Willi, for 7000 only, so just a steal to add a grand to get it.

Freaking fantabulous - if that vintage slope shouldered banner Gibson J-45 sounds as magnificent as it looks, you are one lucky man.

I played my 53'er lot the last 5 days and in some way, it takes the price as a complete stunner. The pleasures of old timbre are invaluable

Hope you can say the same, , ,

and that we will be able to hear a few notes.

Keep us informed

P.S. - haven't felt this redeemed since EA got his Hummingbird.

Thank you nick and all !

I originally intended to put maximum 6000 in to get a 1948-1952. Bumped a Banner of Willi, for 7000 only, so just a steal to add a grand to get it.

If that guitar is as good as it looks, I'd say you did really, really well buying this one.

A l-o-o-o-o-n-g time coming. Congratulations.

Still hard to believe this is a four piece top. The guitar looks as though it was someone’s pride and joy, the pickguard quietly resting on the top almost unused for the last 70+ years. And you got it through a well-regarded Banner expert who has looked it over carefully, and priced it more than fairly.

Enjoy.

glad to see you got that one... Looks good... was I right about the sides? congrats ...

Thank you slimt and all !

Willi says the back and sides are Hog, not rose, rose is more expensive.

I see back has the same figure as sides. upside down "V". And the back of my Ren's 1939 J-35 reissue has this figure as well.

Conratulations! What took you so long? [biggrin]

I realize $7000 is a lot of money, but considering the fact that it is a special guitar, and that you got one of the best Banner experts to "certify" it for you, I think you did very, very well.

Please post some close-up photos and a soundclip.

Again, congratulations!

Lars

Archived