Gibson Brands Forums

Oh dear

rct

I bought one and was so impressed by how much more tone I had after fitting it I bought another two ! ! ! ! !

My guitar is so resonant and bursting with even more tone that, unplugged, it can now be heard on the moon!

t-bone_zpsozsmnu2b.jpg

msp_smile.gif

Pip.

Anyway.. You should know by now that far to simple an answer for most guitarists...

Yes, I love "I only like the sound of a guitar going straight into a tube amp!!" followed by "I put a bone nut and aluminum stop bar on my Les Paul to get that killer sustain!!".

Why not try a good compressor?

"Compressors suck man! I'm all about dynamics! Haven't you read that irrelevant Loudness Wars thing?"

Guitar players are silly.

w0errlrsoi3afztxkslj.jpg

I don't even know what that means. Is it like when I get an ice cream cone and the person behind the counter scooped my raspberry chocolate swirl ice cream out of the bin?

Right? I think the single stupidest word in the "lexicon of tone" has to be "Creamy". How in the actual FK is a sound "creamy"? Do you have to wipe off you ears after listening to it? Was a cow involved?

When I was making pickups it was amazing to read the gibberish people would send me to interpret.\

This was taped to my shop wall till the flood took it down.

we-specialize-in-interpreting-your-dismally-vague-and-pathetically-unclear-3164874.png

Well according to them all guitars should be neck throughs in order for a guitar to sustain properly... which kind of says all I need to know about them.

[rolleyes]

What we want here is a nice pic of an old, original Travis Bean 1000 or 1500; not just a neck through, but a solid aluminium billet with wooden wings.

No increase in sustain possible IMO.....a tiny amount of metallic resonance perhaps? Not as much as a full set of Strat springs though.

Archived