Gibson Guitar Board: New to this forum but not the guitars - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New to this forum but not the guitars

#1 User is offline   WadeR 

• Explorer state of mind
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustin, TX Area

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums but not the guitars. I've been playing for over 27 years, mostly gravitating to Les Paul style guitars until a couple of years ago I've been on an Explorer kick that has no end in sight. Most people that know me wonder why I've only recent got into Explorers since I have gained major guitar inspiration from James Hetfield, a well-known Explorer player. Not sure why I stayed away from them for so long, but I love Explorers right now! (and LPs and some SGs too)

Anyway, I am a hobbyist player and tinkerer for a very long time. Nothing gets rid of the stresses of life than playing powerful tones on a great guitar and amp! I also enjoy working on guitars from set ups, some repairs, mods. In the last few years, this aspect of my interest has been growing. I would love to build guitars when I retire from the software development game. But these two aspects of guitars - playing and technical work on them (and amp rigs and switching too) helps me to satisfy my creative and logical needs.

Thanks,
Wade

#2 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

Welcome to the forum Wade. Posted Image I think you may enjoy it here and their is a member here that builds his own guitars.
Herman

#3 User is online   Megafrog 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern Pennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum and explore® away, pun intended.

#4 User is online   tx-ogre 

• My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama
  • LocationJoe's Garage

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

Welcome to the boards from a fellow Austin area dweller.

#5 User is offline   WadeR 

• Explorer state of mind

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

Thanks, everyone!

#6 User is offline   Pesh 

• Goes up to 11
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

Welcome to the forums Wade!
Pesh, also known by some as Tom; an English bloke living in Spain, who likes sending all kinds of well-intentioned sonic shrapnel careening through the air. (Twitter = @TM_Fisher).

Things with Strings...
2002 Fender Squier Affinity Stratocaster - "Janus".

2013 Gibson USA Limited Les Paul Traditional Pro II - "Negroni".
2014 Gibson USA 120th Anniversary Les Paul Studio - "Jupiter".
2015 Epiphone Limited EJ-200 Artist - "Nightmaiden".
2016 Stagg M20 Mandolin - "Octavia".

Things I've Built...
First build; cross between a '57 Goldtop & the Lou Pallo Signature Les Paul; thread here [in progress and sadly on hold]

Things without strings...
Marshall MG15DFX.
Orange OR15.
1 Jam Jar Amps "JAM" Jar.
Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal.

#7 User is offline   Deltablues 

• LocationNorthwest Oregon Coast

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

Welcome to the board Wade. Enjoy!
Nil nisi optimum.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   WadeR 

• Explorer state of mind

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

Thank you!

#9 User is offline   Seb1968 

• LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostWadeR, on 12 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums but not the guitars. I've been playing for over 27 years, mostly gravitating to Les Paul style guitars until a couple of years ago I've been on an Explorer kick that has no end in sight. Most people that know me wonder why I've only recent got into Explorers since I have gained major guitar inspiration from James Hetfield, a well-known Explorer player. Not sure why I stayed away from them for so long, but I love Explorers right now! (and LPs and some SGs too)

Anyway, I am a hobbyist player and tinkerer for a very long time. Nothing gets rid of the stresses of life than playing powerful tones on a great guitar and amp! I also enjoy working on guitars from set ups, some repairs, mods. In the last few years, this aspect of my interest has been growing. I would love to build guitars when I retire from the software development game. But these two aspects of guitars - playing and technical work on them (and amp rigs and switching too) helps me to satisfy my creative and logical needs.

Thanks,
Wade

Welcome Wade, you have been playing for 27 years, that's great, you must be a pretty decent player.

And yes, playing music is a great stress relief, especially letting rip with some juicy power chords with a Gibson plugged into a Marshall.

#10 User is offline   Seb1968 

• LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostWadeR, on 12 February 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Thanks,
Wade

Oops duplicate post, plead delete, apologies.

#11 User is offline   WadeR 

• Explorer state of mind

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

View PostSeb1968, on 24 February 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

Welcome Wade, you have been playing for 27 years, that's great, you must be a pretty decent player.

And yes, playing music is a great stress relief, especially letting rip with some juicy power chords with a Gibson plugged into a Marshall.

Thanks, Seb! For me, switch out that Marshall for my dual Mesa Stiletto Deuces rig!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users