Gibson Brands Forums

New to this forum but not the guitars

WadeR

Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums but not the guitars. I've been playing for over 27 years, mostly gravitating to Les Paul style guitars until a couple of years ago I've been on an Explorer kick that has no end in sight. Most people that know me wonder why I've only recent got into Explorers since I have gained major guitar inspiration from James Hetfield, a well-known Explorer player. Not sure why I stayed away from them for so long, but I love Explorers right now! (and LPs and some SGs too)

Anyway, I am a hobbyist player and tinkerer for a very long time. Nothing gets rid of the stresses of life than playing powerful tones on a great guitar and amp! I also enjoy working on guitars from set ups, some repairs, mods. In the last few years, this aspect of my interest has been growing. I would love to build guitars when I retire from the software development game. But these two aspects of guitars - playing and technical work on them (and amp rigs and switching too) helps me to satisfy my creative and logical needs.

Thanks,

Wade

Hello Everyone! I am new to the forums but not the guitars. I've been playing for over 27 years, mostly gravitating to Les Paul style guitars until a couple of years ago I've been on an Explorer kick that has no end in sight. Most people that know me wonder why I've only recent got into Explorers since I have gained major guitar inspiration from James Hetfield, a well-known Explorer player. Not sure why I stayed away from them for so long, but I love Explorers right now! (and LPs and some SGs too)

Anyway, I am a hobbyist player and tinkerer for a very long time. Nothing gets rid of the stresses of life than playing powerful tones on a great guitar and amp! I also enjoy working on guitars from set ups, some repairs, mods. In the last few years, this aspect of my interest has been growing. I would love to build guitars when I retire from the software development game. But these two aspects of guitars - playing and technical work on them (and amp rigs and switching too) helps me to satisfy my creative and logical needs.

Thanks,

Wade

Welcome Wade, you have been playing for 27 years, that's great, you must be a pretty decent player.

And yes, playing music is a great stress relief, especially letting rip with some juicy power chords with a Gibson plugged into a Marshall.

Thanks,

Wade

Oops duplicate post, plead delete, apologies.

Welcome Wade, you have been playing for 27 years, that's great, you must be a pretty decent player.

And yes, playing music is a great stress relief, especially letting rip with some juicy power chords with a Gibson plugged into a Marshall.

Thanks, Seb! For me, switch out that Marshall for my dual Mesa Stiletto Deuces rig!

cool.gif

Archived