Gibson Brands Forums

Amazon UK Meody Maker for £336

Rabs

The M2 or Melody Maker has Probuckers in it vs US made pickups. Everything on it is from Asia. I have one in Strawberry Milk and it is a nice decoration, nothing more. The Firebird Zero has American pickups and sounds decent but is like a toy guitar. It is kind of fun to play and definitely is better than the M2.

Wow that's cheap.. all the colours too... The only thing is from what I have heard they cheap out on the electrical components on these low end models.

https://www.amazon.c...rds=gibson&th=1

And the firebird zero at £418

https://www.amazon.c...keywords=gibson

I find it a bit odd that they can't seem to level the prices; why are different colours different costs? :-( awful tempting to get one as a project...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this and looked it up. If you want one in Strawberry Milk colour (perhaps because you were ill, blind or just had unusual tastes [wink] ) it's as low as £283 on Amazon today. All the other colours are around the £340 mark. Naturally, because of the Gibson name on the headstock, I'm somewhat attracted to this but being quite a novice, and reading the few reviews I've seen, would my money be better spent by buying, say, an Epiphone Studio which will cost less and perhaps do just as good a job? Or even a Special II. I could buy one of those and a decent practice amp for the same money.

Exactly. The Special II is the same Les Paul shape, the same body wood, has 2 humbuckers, doesn't have the jack socket on the front and comes in non-freaky colours. OK, it doesn't have a set neck but for an improver would that really matter? I feel that this M2 does the Gibson brand no favours. Whatever next, a Bentley van.

Archived