Gibson Brands Forums

Help with ID'ing this 2017 LP

WolfmansBrutha

Hi everyone,

I've come across this guitar on Reverb that checks most of the boxes for me. Only thing is, it's listed as a 2017 LP Traditional Pro in Vintage Sunburst. I can't find anything on the Gibson site that shows that this guitar exists, so I'm a bit stumped. I can come close, but can't account for the zebra pickups, the specific finish, or even the "pro" designation.

Does anyone recognize this guitar?

https://reverb.com/item/3444187-2017-gibson-les-paul-traditional-pro-vintage-sunburst-electric-guitar

Thanks!

Edit: I've already reached out to the seller, haven't heard back yet.

Wow, that definitely looks like the right one. Good catch on the inspection card date. I was going by his description as well as the first couple digits of the serial number.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for a non-weight relieved model and this one has the nine-hole relief.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Wow, that definitely looks like the right one. Good catch on the inspection card date. I was going by his description as well as the first couple digits of the serial number.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for a non-weight relieved model and this one has the nine-hole relief.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Yeah, they covered up the portion of the serial number, that would have indicated the year made. But, since

the card said '16, and assuming it IS the original inspection card, I think 2016 is a fairly safe bet.

He also states, it to be "Mint," but I noticed what looks like (at least) a scratch, here and there. So, I

guess "Mint" is in the eyes of the beholder or seller?! Or, it may be just a "reflection" and not

a scratch, at all??? [biggrin] But, it IS in great condition, none the less.

Better, certainly, than a lot of "new" guitars hanging in Guitar Center, etc.

Cheers,

CB

Guest Farnsbarns

Since 2014 the first 2 digits of the serial give us the model year. On that basis the visible serial indicates a 17 model. Not unusual for a 17 model to be made and inspected in 16. All points toward a 17 model.

The odd thing is that the traditional pro seems to be discontinued for 17. Perhaps they made a few before they decided to discontinue them, or a shop could have ordered a few.

Since 2014 the first 2 digits of the serial give us the model year. On that basis the visible serial indicates a 17 model. Not unusual for a 17 model to be made and inspected in 16. All points toward a 17 model.

The odd thing is that the traditional pro seems to be discontinued for 17. Perhaps they made a few before they decided to discontinue them, or a shop could have ordered a few.

Thanks, Farns...I guess I was still thinking of the "older" dating system. My Bad!

CB

Archived