Gibson Brands Forums

St. Louis Blues Alert

L5Larry

I post my concert announcements here from time to time, but mostly jazz shows. Here's one for the blues lovers.

32508420400_b859a2df94_o.jpg

My blues band will open the show at 2:00 p.m., and then serve as the backup band for a few of the other artists. This is going to be one helluva party. I have rehearsal Tuesday with the band rhythm section, and then Thursday with the guest artists.

I know there are blues fans from the Midwest hanging around here, this is a chance to see some of the the top-shelf artists in the today's St. Louis blues scene. Come on out and join the fun and debauchery.

I would love to come down for one of your jazz shows.

Well, if you want a little heads up on a couple of really cool concerts (in St. Louis) I have coming up with the jazz big band, mark your calendar and start looking for a baby sitter!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017, Jazz At The Bistro.

This place has been named one of the top 10 jazz clubs in the U.S. Great sight lines and acoustics (tickets $15, reserved table seating).

Saturday, August 26, 2017, Kirkwood Park Amphitheater.

This is a FREE concert at a outdoor park amphitheater, with actual permanent seating and everything (plenty of grassy hillside picnic blanket lounging also available). Perfect for a family outing including the two year old. My 1 year old grandson will certainly be there. Couple that with a Cardinals game at Busch Stadium (the Rays are in town that weekend), a trip to the Magic House Children's Museum (also in Kirkwood, Missouri), and you've got a weekend mini vacation for the whole family. Amtrak will even drop you off within walking distance of Kirkwood Park AND the Magic House. Busch Stadium's a $3 commuter train ride away. See, I just panned your summer vacation for you!

Archived